Am I In Shape For Bootcamp
Create Post

Am I In Shape For Bootcamp

hello my name is Cody i am 17 thinking about joining next year for a mos 1371 make sure i am fit for bootcamp
    1.5mile=8:45
    3mile=19:20
    pullups=13
    situps in 2mins=112
    pushup in 2min=45
    is that good or what should i work on

You need a better profile for sure,Semper Fidelis.

Yes, this does bother me.
    You should also work on some basic sentence structure while you're at it, capital letters at beginning of sentences, capitalize the letter "I", and periods at end of sentences.

Last edited by Lisa 23; 01-23-12 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    Yes, this does bother me.
    You should also work on some basic sentence structure while you're at it, capital letters at beginning of sentences, capitalize the letter "I", and periods at end of sentences.
    We are not on a smartphone and you are not texting us. Write as if you are in highschool; not grammar school.

Last edited by Lisa 23; 01-23-12 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by astrocody13 View Post
    hello my name is Cody i am 17 thinking about joining next year for a mos 1371 make sure i am fit for bootcamp
    1.5mile=8:45
    3mile=19:20
    pullups=13
    situps in 2mins=112
    pushup in 2min=45
    is that good or what should i work on
    That's pretty fit physically.. but are you mentally prepared is the question.

Pretty hard to prepare for it mentally, SURPRISE,Semper Fidelis.

I Am Ok For The Marines

Hello Marines
    My name is cody i am 17 i really want to join as a 1371 i meet every thing i need to be a marine but i do not know if my pectus excavatum and flared ribs will keep me from this i have no breathing probulmes i run every day up to 10 mile i run a 7:30 1.5 mile and a 19:20 3 mile and i can do 15 pull up and 120 situps in a min. DO you see any reason i would be disquifed
    ps.sorry about my spelling

Am I Ok For The Marines

Thanks If You Can Help Me

You basically asked the same questions a week ago, with the exception of the medical questions, so I merged both of your topics together. (Double posting isn't allowed).

As I've already mentioned to you in a previous post.......you really, really need to work on some basic sentence structure there young man, and no excuses that you're using a cell phone.

And as for your medical conditions, the best answers you're going to get are to talk with a recruiter face-to-face, not over the phone.

There are no doctors frequenting this website. If you have a medical question that hasn’t already been answered by searching the forums, you’ll have to contact a recruiting office. If they cannot answer your question, you may be directed to a medical representative from MEPS.

Again, read that one carefully. We are Marines (and a few Corpsman). We are not doctors. Medical questions will usually be answered by someone cutting and pasting a section from the about.com website. We cannot explain why your waiver was denied and someone elses was granted. Sorry but that's the way THAT is, too.
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=103170

Military Medical Standards for Enlistment & Commission

Lungs, chest wall, pleura, and mediastinum

Jun 10 2009
    The disqualifying medical conditions are listed below. The International Classification of Disease (ICD) codes are listed in parentheses following each standard.

The causes for rejection for appointment, enlistment, and induction (without an approved waiver) are an authenticated history of:

Current chest wall malformation (754), including, but not limited to pectus excavatum (754.81), or pectus carinatum (754.82), if these conditions interfere with vigorous physical exertion, is disqualifying.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joini...ry/a/lungs.htm

Last edited by Lisa 23; 01-30-12 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by astrocody13 View Post
    Hello Marines
    My name is cody i am 17 i really want to join as a 1371 i meet every thing i need to be a marine but i do not know if my pectus excavatum and flared ribs will keep me from this i have no breathing probulmes i run every day up to 10 mile i run a 7:30 1.5 mile and a 19:20 3 mile and i can do 15 pull up and 120 situps in a min. DO you see any reason i would be disquifed
    ps.sorry about my spelling
    As far as the physical aspect goes, you will probably be ahead of a good portion of your peers. Medically is something you will have to talk to your recruiter about. Some things can be waived, other things can be conviently forgotten about. In the end though, you have to make sure you are comfortable going through 13 weeks of hell with an injury that may come back.

Thread Information