Question about PLC?
Create Post

Question about PLC?

Right now i'm in the application process for PLC this summer. My OSO says that there should be no problem getting in and i'm super excited. I'm working out almost daily(running, pull-ups, lifting, etc.) and i can't wait for this school year to end so I can get over to Virginia.

I'm just curious if there is something other than working out like crazy that I should be doing to prepare for PLC? Any material I should memorize before hand? Any tips?

Any stories about your time in PLC would be appreciated too.

Thanks for the advice!

God Bless America!

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot1991 View Post
    Right now i'm in the application process for PLC this summer. My OSO says that there should be no problem getting in and i'm super excited. I'm working out almost daily(running, pull-ups, lifting, etc.) and i can't wait for this school year to end so I can get over to Virginia.

I'm just curious if there is something other than working out like crazy that I should be doing to prepare for PLC? Any material I should memorize before hand? Any tips?

Thanks for the advice!

God Bless America!

I did the 10 week course back in '77, I know it's a long time ago.

From what I can recall, while it certainly was physical I found it more mental, more head games. Far more mental stress than what I had expected. You're graded on everything, keep in mind it's a selection process

I'm enclosing this link

http://www.marineocs.com/portal/index.php

Log on as you did on LN and scroll down the bottom. They have a section on PLC with I'm sure far more up to date info than I could possibly share

But I will tell you this, I live in central Virginia about an hour south of Quantico. Be prepared for some heat and humidity. If you've never experienced humidity and temps in the 90's, it can drain you pretty quick

Good luck

The MarineOCS website provided by the Commander will give you lots of information.

Here is a thread I started a few years back; it is tailored for prior enlisted Marines going to OCS, but it provides a lot of information for you.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=89794

Quote Originally Posted by patriot1991 View Post

Thanks for the advice!

God Bless America!

Thank you both! I appreciate the help!

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by UMDStudent24 View Post
    The MarineOCS website provided by the Commander will give you lots of information.

Here is a thread I started a few years back; it is tailored for prior enlisted Marines going to OCS, but it provides a lot of information for you.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=89794
    That's a great thread Lt. You should ask Lep if he can make a sticky out of it. Good for future reference.

Thank you, sir. Aye sir! I will do that shortly.

Thread Information