Question About A Medical Waiver
Create Post

Question About A Medical Waiver

Good Evening Marines, I have a quesition which is obviously why I am here. I've been planning on Enlisting into the Marine Corps for roughly a Year and a Half. I can't attempt to enlist until November 9th, 2011 due to medication I was on for Anxiety (Yes I have read all threads about Medical Wavers but this is a little different of a situation. Also it is Only Anxiety, Not Depression). My Recruiter told that I must wait a year since being off of them (which I currently am hence the November 9th Date). I have been attending Warrior Trainings (PT on Tuesdays) for over a year religiously and Poolee Functions (Every second Saturday of the Month) for roughly 6 months. Now, my question is, I have read that I am Disqualified due to the Anxiety so I will need a waiver (keep in mind that I have documents from my Doctor saying that I am now off of the Medication and I am stable and have that I have only ever had 1 anxiety attack (Basically my mother over reacted.. thanks Mom =P )). However, I know that the Marine Corps has better candidates than myself Enlisting, I've talked to my Recruiter and He says that I will be fine as of November 9th as long as I am off for a year I should have no problem getting in, but everything I've ever read disagrees with that. Are any Marines aware of something that I am not which would lead him to believe that I will be okay. I am in decent Physical Shape and have only gotten better which my Recruiter has been able to witness from day 1 as well as I am decently intelligent (I can't remember the test that Recruiters give before you go to MEPS but I scored an 84 which enabled me for almost if not all MOS's). Does he have any pull? Will his word allow me to recieve a Medical Waiver? I'm just confused about the whole situation. I'm sorry if my question was confusing in any way, I'd be more than happy to re-state it if need be.

Thank You for any and all answers.

I'm not trying to be "that kid" that brings up their post I'm just curious as to what Marines or Poolees think. Deepest apologies if this gets on anybodies nerves.

Thread Information