Suppose to be checking in at Okinawa next week...
Create Post

Suppose to be checking in at Okinawa next week...

Should I call and make sure the flights haven't been cancelled or anything? I know oki got hit but I don't know how bad.

You should be fine. I'd call to be on the safe side though.

throughout your career you are going to come here and ask for advice....................bad move--------------------------okinawa is super duper south ,,, the quake was way north.........---look at a map of why dont you just go the mc base website japan.......get real ------

Boots going to Oki. Makes me cringe.

The only problem you may run in to is that some flights (roughly half) have a connecting flight in Tokyo, instead of flying to Kadena. If you've got a flight like that, call to check.

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaMarine View Post
    Boots going to Oki. Makes me cringe.
    why?

Your TMO office should of told you to call 72 hours before hand to make sure everything is still good.....

Delta as of today is flying to Narita,I would imagine the other airlines will follow the next couple days.

Do they not fly into Osaka anymore? That' where I flew in straight from LAX. Then onto Okinawa.

Nope, almost all flights hit either Narita airport (in Tokyo) or fly straight to Kadena AFB.

Thread Information