MCPSF and marriage
Closed Thread

Question MCPSF and marriage

My fiance has been in the Marine Corps since june 08 and he is in the presidential support program. I have been living at home since he left and I am just wondering when we are finally going to be able to get married. They dont tell him anything there and I just wish i could know when anything is happening so I can either plan a wedding or move there so I can finally be with him. Sometimes they say he will be out around his 3 year mark but then they also say not until feb 2012. I've heard that he can get married once he gets his PSB and also that he cant until he leaves. I just wish I could get some answers so I can plan. Can anyone help me?

Credits
    Savings
    Send him to his chain of command for answers
    They are the only ones who can give him(you) any idea of the future

First...no profile.
    Second...you're NOT no Marine Spouse.

That is a tough one. He is in a highly secured billet. You may just have to roll with the punches on this one. The only one who can find out is your fiancee, and even then depending on his mission, they may only give him info sufficient for right now and not the future.

What Presidential support program is he in and what’s his job? I just finished 4 years at HMX-1 last September. I’m a little confused about why you guys are confused? How does he not know when he is getting out? And when you say “out” is that like out of the Marine Corps, or out of Presidential support? And who says you guys can’t get married now?

Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    First...no profile.
    Second...you're NOT no Marine Spouse.

I didn't have a chance to make a profile yet, I just signed up today. And I understand we aren't married yet but I figured that this would be the best place to get answers because anyone here has been through it.

Quote Originally Posted by iamspartacus View Post
    What Presidential support program is he in and what’s his job? I just finished 4 years at HMX-1 last September. I’m a little confused about why you guys are confused? How does he not know when he is getting out? And when you say “out” is that like out of the Marine Corps, or out of Presidential support? And who says you guys can’t get married now?

I cant say for OPSEC reasons but he's not in that one. He doesnt know because he has been told, or heard, so many different things. By getting out I meant leaving where he is. Sorry for the confusion. And he is not allowed to be married or have any dependents in his job.

Fortunately today they told him that he is on the list for the next batch to get orders. Does anyone know how long it will take to get them? and once he does how long till he will move? I am new to all this and just looking for some advice so i can plan when i have to leave my job and start packing and getting ready.

You're NOT married to a Marine, so where do you plan on living when he gets his orders?

Quote Originally Posted by MarineFiance321 View Post
    I cant say for OPSEC reasons but he's not in that one. He doesnt know because he has been told, or heard, so many different things. By getting out I meant leaving where he is. Sorry for the confusion. And he is not allowed to be married or have any dependents in his job.

Fortunately today they told him that he is on the list for the next batch to get orders. Does anyone know how long it will take to get them? and once he does how long till he will move? I am new to all this and just looking for some advice so i can plan when i have to leave my job and start packing and getting ready.
    There is a saying in the Corps, "Hurry up and wait". He can personally ask for an expected time frame before he gets his orders, but at the same time it could be next week or next month before he gets his orders and then the reporting date may be 2 weeks from then or a couple of months. There is really no way to tell. I know that is not what you want to hear, but it is reality. The time will come soon enough. Good luck to you and your future husband.

As you are learning, you and your future husband's lives will be dictated by "the needs of the Marine Corps". This is nothing new to any of us and you may as well get used to it. We would all like to be able to make plans and know what will happen but in this business that's a luxury few ever experience.

My favorite motto for a Marine spouse is "Semper Gumby"...always flexible.

There are other assignments in the USMC where sergeants and below cannot be married (embassy duty is one).

There is another website recruitparents.com which is not solely for parents of recruits. They have a forum on there for spouses/girlfriends/fiances during and after bootcamp (you'll have to search around for it but you'll eventually find it). You can post with other women going through the same issues and they are very supportive. Some of the volunteer moderators are spouses of career Marines and have just about seen it all.

Good luck to you. It won't be easy being married to the Corps...as you are already learning.

No profile, locked until I see one.

Thread Information