Nursing School and Moving to Okinawa
Create Post
    Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question Nursing School and Moving to Okinawa

I'm new to this forum, so after I post this I will look for an introduction place. Please forgive me if this is not the right place to post. My husband and I just got word about 2 weeks ago that we will be PCSing to Okinawa come May/June. I'm extremely nervous about going because we have two cats that we both refuse to leave or re-home, so we are taking them with us. We have started them on everything they need for their international travel, but I am a little worried that we will get put in a tower apartment complex (since we are childless) that does not allow pets. We are still waiting on web orders as well as a sponsor. My other concern is my education. I already have a AA in liberal studies, but I decided I wanted to get my RN degree. I know that there are not any US accredited nursing schools over there, but I was hoping I could get all the pre-reqs done while over there. Do any of the schools there offer Microbiology, Anatomy and Physiology, and/or Chem? I want to be ready so that right when we get back to California in 3 years I can go directly into a nursing program or apply for one. I also figured that since my pre-reqs won't take me more than a year and half, I would get my certificate in Digital Photography. Any information or advice anyone could offer will be greatly appreciated. I'm the type of personality that I need to know everything NOW not 5 days before we move, which I know is dumb considering the military doesn't tell you much of anything, but that's how I am. P.S. I think we are going to Camp Hansen. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I would go to the MCCS Okinawa page and look at the education and library tags. I know there are a few online schools that they work with.

Camp Hansen has no family housing so you'll end up on Courtney or McTureous, or maybe Shields if there's space. Otherwise you'll be out in town.

Thread Information