Father of a United States Marine takes on American Idol - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Everyone seems like this guy went on tv wearing a marine uniform then took it off and trashed it. The jacket was very clearly a dress blues inspired jacket. If you think the cut of his jacket is the same as our uniform, you need to go in your closet and pull it out and check again. Thats like saying Barack Obama doesn't rate wearing a USMC shirt in that photo of him playing basketball because he didn't go to PI.

Also, the thing about "worms" wearing uniforms in movies even though they were never Marines is ridiculous. It's a movie, I guess Will Smith would really have to be part of a secret organization that deals with alien life forms before he could star in MIB.

I've got more issue with Obumah wearing a "USMC" t shirt than I have with this guy wearing a stripped down, what LOOKS like a Dress blue blouse.

As a long time military collector and historian, as well as working with, and who, I work for nowadays (the US Marine Corps Historical Company), I can tell you right up front, there are a large number of 'lookalike' blouses and jackets. I personally OWN a jacket that if you saw it, you would SWEAR it was a USMC dress blue blouse. Except...it's not. Very similar but NOT Marine Corps, was made for a band (non military, non USMC) sometime in the very late (1956) 50's.

I would have an issue with this whole thing if he was wearing EGA's, medals, ribbons, etc.

He's not. Lets all take a breath, and focus on something that, in the great scheme of things, matters far more than this goob.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post

I would have an issue with this whole thing if he was wearing EGA's, medals, ribbons, etc.

He's not. Lets all take a breath, and focus on something that, in the great scheme of things, matters far more than this goob.

I get what you are saying, but come on...If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck...you get my drift. Everyone and anyone who looks at these things knows flat out what it looks like. It doesn't matter who or what it was made for. Now I'm not as up in arms as a lot of people because like you, it didn't have the EGA's or any military ref to it and I understand that. But to me, and I say to ME, I don't like it.

Earlier it was mentioned about movies...it's MOVIES folks...MOVIES! Are you telling me you wouldn't watch Gunny Highway just because Clint was never a Marine (actually an Army bubba)? Come on now, I'm pretty sure Clint was a bunch of our recruiters weither we want to admit it or not

This isn't the first time our uniform was either misused or disrespected..... Them idiots probably are not aware of what they did (not), but either way, he doesn't rate, so, I dislike. I mean, out of all of the crap he could wear, this they found...

On the other hand, I would agree w/ Sgt Leprechaun, on the note of not getting too upset over it...

Liberals... I guess they do what they want? I guess we wear what we want?

Hmm...

Credits
    Savings
    He still needs to be throat punched!

Quote Originally Posted by TJR1070 View Post
    He still needs to be throat punched!
    Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Borknagar View Post
    This isn't the first time our uniform was either misused or disrespected..... Them idiots probably are not aware of what they did (not), but either way, he doesn't rate, so, I dislike. I mean, out of all of the crap he could wear, this they found...

On the other hand, I would agree w/ Sgt Leprechaun, on the note of not getting too upset over it...

Liberals... I guess they do what they want? I guess we wear what we want?

Hmm...
    Most of the feedback I'm getting through my blog tells me I'm making too much out of this.

Still pizzes me off.

Quote Originally Posted by SemperFiParent View Post
    Most of the feedback I'm getting through my blog tells me I'm making too much out of this.

Still pizzes me off.
    We know that you are proud of your daughter. The uniform is not a Marine, honor your daughter and other Marines instead. There are many other issues that are much more important.

By the way, that was a very nice apology you received from the family member, I would suggest that you consider accepting it in the manner it was given. S/F to your daughter and I hope she stays out of harms way.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshRunner View Post
    11004. LAWS PERTAINING TO THE UNIFORM
    1. Per 10 U.S.C. 771, no person, unless other-wise authorized by law, except a member of the Marine Corps may wear the uniform or a distinctive part of the uniform of which is similar to a distinctive part of the Marine Corps uniform.
    2. According to 18 U.S.C. 702, whoever, in any place within the jurisdiction of the United States or in the Canal Zone, without authority wears the Marine Corps uniform will be fined not more than $250 or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.
    There are exceptions to that in the following section including

(f) While portraying a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps, an actor in a theatrical or motion-picture production may wear the uniform of that armed force if the portrayal does not tend to discredit that armed force.
    SCOTUS has also struck the part about it not discrediting the armed forces as unconstitutional so there's nothing stopping hollywood from portraying members of the military committing crimes (hello NCIS).

Basically it's no more illegal than dressing your kid up as a Marine for halloween. The code is enforced about as often as the one that would technically prohibit the post office from printing stamps with the US flag on it.

Thread Information