Father of a United States Marine takes on American Idol
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Father of a United States Marine takes on American Idol

Last night's episode of American Idol had a performance that this dad of a Devil Dog has a real problem with:

http://rightwingwizkid.blogspot.com/...-mcdonald.html

I saw the same thing and it totaly pizzzed me off.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshRunner View Post
    I saw the same thing and it totaly pizzzed me off.
    It was all I could do to keep from drop kicking the TV

11004. LAWS PERTAINING TO THE UNIFORM
    1. Per 10 U.S.C. 771, no person, unless other-wise authorized by law, except a member of the Marine Corps may wear the uniform or a distinctive part of the uniform of which is similar to a distinctive part of the Marine Corps uniform.
    2. According to 18 U.S.C. 702, whoever, in any place within the jurisdiction of the United States or in the Canal Zone, without authority wears the Marine Corps uniform will be fined not more than $250 or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Saw the same thing last night,lowest form of earth life!!

I don't watch the show, but have listened to it when you could pick up TV stations on the radio.

I am not a Marine, but the Dad of one and I fully understand the Respect, Code and Honor associated with the Corps. Someone should have addressed this before he was allowed on stage, but I do not believe many in the industry there have ever had a clue of what the representation would mean. Do not get me wrong I'm not defending him or the show...I just see it as another reason to dislike Hollywood.

I do hope someone pushes for 10 U.S.C. 771, and 18 U.S.C. 702 and enforces it.

I couldn't open your blogspot, but if you're talking about the performance with the guy wearing a dress blues jacket, I was pi$$ed too.

Normally, I don't give a rat's azz what entertainers do, wear, or say. Hollyweird is part of our culture whether we like it or not. And, they have a right to express themselves just like we do in our own way.

But, instances like this and, some pop diva butchering our national anthem, just REALLY pizz me off! Nobody has the right to wear my uniform unless they have earned the title just like I did.

I never waste my time on that show and for sure will never watch it now but hope this loser gets voted off ASAP.

What made you think it was a knock off Dress Blue Coat. Looked like the real thing to me. No EGA's, no chevrons or anything to say it was actually the real thing. People have been doing this for years, and as long as they are available to the public they will continue to do it.

I notice these worms in movies wearing uniforms with rank insignia and the EGA and they didn't earn any of it and most look like a soup sandwich. I do not know what the remedy for this is. I would say that most people in the USA, could care less what these worms are wearing. I'm really supprised that Charlie Sheen doesn't parade around LA in one.

I personally am not going to have a heart attack over it, because I realize they are azz holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Normally, I don't give a rat's azz what entertainers do, wear, or say. Hollyweird is part of our culture whether we like it or not. And, they have a right to express themselves just like we do in our own way.

But, instances like this and, some pop diva butchering our national anthem, just REALLY pizz me off! Nobody has the right to wear my uniform unless they have earned the title just like I did.

I never waste my time on that show and for sure will never watch it now but hope this loser gets voted off ASAP.
    Amen Top

I'm not a fan (the wife is) but that's my whole purpose, to see this bottom-feeder lose.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Missed Idol last night.
    Watched Survivor Instead.
    Now I'm glad I did miss it.
    I would hate to throw the remote through my 50 inch Flat Screen.... AGAIN......

I totally agree with Top but it still ****es me off!

Look, with DADT repealed, a deer leader in the white house, woman in the grunts, unions taking over state houses in the name of "The People", and no respect for anything anywhere I think it's kinda cool. Hell, everyone always says they like the uniform.

He ain't wearin no high and tight, nobody is going to believe he's trying to be a Marine. I take it as a complement. After all, not everyone can be a Marine.

Besides, he's not wearing the EGA, badges, chevrons, blood stripe etc. Calm down everyone. You can buy any of our uniform parts in any army surplus in the country.

Reminded me of Sgt Peppers Lonely Heart Club.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    It bothers me just as much as the next guy/Marine, but if you are really that upset and want to do something about you should contact the producers of American Idol and/or the Fox network. I can almost guarantee this singer did not make the decision to wear the coat. I am sure some dress coordinator that works for the program picked it out. With Fox being a pretty (when i say pretty i mean very) conservative network I would imagine if something was said to them some sort of action may be taken to knock that kind of $hit off.

Thread Information