Update on my Ischemic heart claim: - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Will do never knew about this one, but one thing I have found so far is I now get copies of all my medical records sent to me every six months. I have found that some of the staff have been doing the word game in my records just after filling my claim. You know they call it some else other than what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    you all drank the water just like me, that's how we got it.
    And dozens of other ways we never had a clue about back then:

When I landed in Chu Lai with the 1st Marines, there was a small ville just east of the airfield. All of the little shops along side the road there, sold brightly colored pillows. The pillows, and big rat traps were the biggest selling items (other than beer). Just about everybody bought one of those pillows for their bunk. The pillows were stuffed with rags that had been soaked in a strong smelling chemical substance that smelled like a combination of diesel fuel and bug spray. Within a few weeks, word came down from sick bay, indicating that the gooks that made the pillows, had used "GI weed killer", thinking it was bug repellant. We were told the pillows were making a lot of people sick because of that chemical. We were ordered to throw out the pillows, but some kept them anyway, wrapping them in a blanket and plastic, such as an old air mattress, or the plastic that lined C ration cases.

Every time we would move into a newly set up camp, the first thing I would become aware of, was the overpowering chemical smell that seemed to be everywhere. At that time, the word was that the roads were being sprayed with left over "weed killer" because there were tons of it laying around, and it's kerosene base was excellent for packing down the dirt and holding down dust on the road.

I never heard the term 'Agent Orange' until decades later.

Hey Trout....congratulations on your award!

50% PTSD
    30% IHD
    20% DMII
    20% PAD
    20% PAD
    10% PN
    10% PN
    SMC-K

90% TDIU P&T

(parbuster-booted from VBN for calling out the former owner)
    Filed 8/18/10, adjudicated 2/21/11

Credits
    Savings
    Images

!

Hum….AS it was explained to me by a former DAV service officer there will be no more money if I get 60 % for my heart. You got it because you are 100 % for PTSD. I guess being a former counselor I am treated differently by the VA.

70 % -PTSD permanent
    10 % -Hearing loss (hearing aid) permanent
    20 % -Unemployable paid at 100 % level permanent
    0 % - IDM claim pending meds, meds, meds 8 types.
    0 % - Right leg neuropathy - meds
    0 % - Left leg neuropathy -meds
    0 % - Both hands neuropathy - meds
    0 % - Diabetes due to AO/ AO shows up in my spine - meds
    0 % - Eyes, was shot in both eyes during ITR - meds

Quote Originally Posted by Troutzilla View Post
    Not true my Brother....I am at 100% for PTSD and just got my decision of 60% for IHD on March 15th. I was somewhat surprised by the fact that I got an increase in compensation because I met the criteria for housebound. I had no clue there was such a thing. It turns out that if you have a 100% rating for one claim and you get a 60 % on another you are eligible for this extra payment. VA fuzzy math can and is quite confusing at times. I'm at 200% in real math :

100% - PTSD
    60% - IHD
    20% - DMII
    10% - Left leg neuropathy
    10% - Right leg neuropathy

SEMPER FI
    Trout

I had two bypass and a valve replacement in 07, I was given 10% on my ischemic claim, I have appealed it, hope they increase the pecent. Anybody know of any thing else to do but wait?

Thread Information