Update on my Ischemic heart claim:
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Update on my Ischemic heart claim:

My claim is closing to an end after two years I will soon know my fate however I am not holding my breath. Being a vet already receiving 100 percent pay this claim will not bring me any more money. For me to receive a retro from 2004 to 2011 they would need to give my heart a full 100 percent rating before money come into play this would give me special circumstance placing my rating over 120 percent otherwise, it’s a claim that goes into my file and no money payouts.

Riven, I am also going through the claim process for ischemic heart disease. Were you required to do an exercise stress test such as a treadmill or stationary bike as part of the medical evaluation ? I've had double bypass surgery, so I don't look forward to being pushed to maximum capacity in testing of that sort.

DHoff...they do this two different ways. Either the dreadmill, or they'll inject you with some meds that will pump up your heart rate and measure you LVEF (left ventricle ejection fraction) and your METs. I just had one of the latter, however, it wasn't for a C&P, but rather for a pre-op. It was done in what the VA calls the Nuclear Medicine Lab.

Good luck with your claim! Here's a helpful site for you...http://vets.yuku.com

90% TDIU P&T

Good luck with that . Ya need to have had a heart attack to ply.
    I have a stint in left leg .
    Semper fi

Yeah, I had a iliofemoral bypass in my left leg privately 7 years ago. This heart check was precautionary for a procedure I have to undergo to remove what we think is a benign lesion at the base of my tongue. In and out the same day, but they're doing it the operating room.

I just went through a 6 month VA claim for IHD, DMII, PN, CAD and PTSD. Got 90% TDIU P&T (total disability, individual unemployability - permanent and total) first time out the gate after never having stepped foot in a VA facility for 42 years.

If anyone here needs help with a claim, holler.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

!

Yes i was given a stree test that I failed. They (VA) had to induce it chemically for me, I hated that one it made me feel I was outside my body. Then I was set up to see a doctor who had my complete 5 folders of files. He asked me everything about AO while I was in Nam. He ask such things as how many times was my firebase sprayed, were there troops walking and spraying etc...

Quote Originally Posted by D Hoffner View Post
    Riven, I am also going through the claim process for ischemic heart disease. Were you required to do an exercise stress test such as a treadmill or stationary bike as part of the medical evaluation ? I've had double bypass surgery, so I don't look forward to being pushed to maximum capacity in testing of that sort.

The BS guestion on how many times they sprayed is just that BS it was or has been determind by the VA and Military that anyone in the ICorps was over the limit on spraying and need not be asked that. This was given to me by the people at DAV, Legion and VFW.

Yeah, that line of questioning is total BS and means nothing whatsoever in terms of an IHD/AO claim. You merely have to prove 'boots on the ground' and it's presumptive that you've been exposed to AO.

Thankyou Dan could not remember the word presumptive must be getting old or something. The I Corps area was the heavyest area sprayed if I remember the facts right and they have been told this many times. They are just trying to mess you up in hopes you screw up and say something wrong so they can stop the claim fromm going on.

You know what p*sses me off the most is how many billions of dollars has the Fed paid the VC for all the birth defects and such without a word being said. And we who served our country have to fight every forken day to get just a little bit of what they say we have coming for that service. Now that is the true BS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hbharrison View Post
    You know what p*sses me off the most is how many billions of dollars has the Fed paid the VC for all the birth defects and such without a word being said. And we who served our country have to fight every forken day to get just a little bit of what they say we have coming for that service. Now that is the true BS!!!!
    I don't think our government has paid anything to Vietnam for the affects of Agent Orange on their citizens. And I can't complain about my VA claim. It was adjudicated in 6 months. The key to a favorable result is a well-founded claim.

Asked one of our Senators who advised me that yes we did several billion bucks for the AO. And I have been working on claim for three years now lost count of the number of test. I am not the only one here at the Topeka VA so far denied AO claims.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

!

Yeah, you may be right however that questioning has changed. The VA are trying to clear up all AO claims dealing with the heart. Therefore, they will ask that type of question even if the4 VA knows the truth.

The BS guestion on how many times they sprayed is just that BS it was or has been determind by the VA and Military that anyone in the ICorps was over the limit on spraying and need not be asked that. This was given to me by the people at DAV, Legion and VFW.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven37 View Post
    My claim is closing to an end after two years I will soon know my fate however I am not holding my breath. Being a vet already receiving 100 percent pay this claim will not bring me any more money. For me to receive a retro from 2004 to 2011 they would need to give my heart a full 100 percent rating before money come into play this would give me special circumstance placing my rating over 120 percent otherwise, it’s a claim that goes into my file and no money payouts.

Not true my Brother....I am at 100% for PTSD and just got my decision of 60% for IHD on March 15th. I was somewhat surprised by the fact that I got an increase in compensation because I met the criteria for housebound. I had no clue there was such a thing. It turns out that if you have a 100% rating for one claim and you get a 60 % on another you are eligible for this extra payment. VA fuzzy math can and is quite confusing at times. I'm at 200% in real math :

100% - PTSD
    60% - IHD
    20% - DMII
    10% - Left leg neuropathy
    10% - Right leg neuropathy

SEMPER FI
    Trout

I go to the VA every 6 months for AO skin screenings, they've cut a number of basel cells out of me. When the head of dermatology examined me he said my skin was evidence of AO exposure. When I said I was hardly around it he told me that we drank the water. They filtered for particles, not for chemicals.

The doc told me to put in a claim for AO and when I did the VA turned me down, never even asked me to see a doctor. I dropped it as I'm already 100% for PTSD.

My point is that you all drank the water just like me, that's how we got it.

Thread Information