Where's the action for an Officer?
Create Post

Where's the action for an Officer?

Which MOS does an Officer see the most action and get into it? Is there combat for officers in Recon and MARSOC? All answers are appreciated, Thank You.

PJones64
    Guest Free Member
    Anxious to get into combat? Most people are not.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Where's the action for an Officer??????? getting saluted at the gate mostly.

Since the infantry sees the most "action" in combat then obviously an infantry officer would be the answer (most likely a platoon or company commander).

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    Or sneaking up on Lance Corporals and then appearing at the last second and watching them freak out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Since the infantry sees the most "action" in combat then obviously an infantry officer would be the answer (most likely a platoon or company commander).
    http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...gumbi#/d2x4ot5

OP is a retard, go die in a hole

That's a good one sparkie...lol!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thanx, Lisa.

You're most welcome sparkie!

I was going to go with the O club or any off-base bar/club

Lol.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tdrt View Post
    I was going to go with the O club or any off-base bar/club
    That's what I was going to say Troy

Quote Originally Posted by Adamite1114 View Post
    Which MOS does an Officer see the most action and get into it? Is there combat for officers in Recon and MARSOC? All answers are appreciated, Thank You.
    4302, yes and yes.

Quote Originally Posted by GunRun View Post
    Or sneaking up on Lance Corporals and then appearing at the last second and watching them freak out.

Very true

Quote Originally Posted by Adamite1114 View Post
    Can't argue against these answers lol...

Seriously though, I can't speak from experience as I've never been to combat or done much of anything as I'm still in student status. That being said, a good deal of our officer instructors here at TBS have their combat action ribbons (CAR).

These officers come from a wide variety of MOSs from logistics to infantry. One of our instructors is up for the Navy Cross and he is a Combat Engineer. The namesake of the barracks I'm living in is named after a logistics officer who did some pretty heroic sh*t in combat.

Yes, I would assume the obvious MOS to get the most "action" is being an 03, but in this COIN environment, Marines are seeing combat even in seemingly very non combat MOSs. You can be in a Forward Air Controller billet and see combat even if you're normally a pilot. You could get hit in a convoy as a LogO or SuppO. You could be assigned to a MiTT team and see contact. As they tell us here, don't think you're not going to see anything just because you're in a non combat MOS. Definitely correct me if I'm wrong. Bottomline is our jobs as officers is to accomplish the mission and take care of our Marines. From what I've seen here in school, alot of this is "fighting the platoon" and making sure they are adequately trained and doing the right things more than getting some on the enemy...

Thread Information