Logistic MOS question
Create Post

Logistic MOS question

I am a poolee that will be shipping march 28th i signed a logistic contract even though I originally wanted infantry but because there are no infantry contracts available i had to pick something else. my recruiter was not able to give me a very good description so i tried to research it as much as i could and from what i understand its not very active its a lot of desk work. so does anyone have any suggestion of MOS that would be active and have me leaving the wire? I love the Marine Corp but i need to be active its the whole reason i work my ass off to graduate high school early and was not planning to end up at a desk again. i wouldn't mind it so much after my first enlistment but while i am young and fresh out of high school i want something physically challenging even after bootcamp Semper Fi

Try doing a search on the site. This topic has been covered before.
    And it's Marine Corps!

POOLEE/WANNABEE SITE RULES! Read FIRST!!!

Rule Four make sure that you have a completed profile less than that is unsat and will get you banned for a period up to and including permanently!

Rule Six never use the words Semper Fi, Semper Fidelis or OORAH you do not rate that here until you have earned the title of United States Marine!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...t=28989&page=2

Quote Originally Posted by joemorton View Post
    I am a poolee that will be shipping march 28th i signed a logistic contract even though I originally wanted infantry but because there are no infantry contracts available i had to pick something else. my recruiter was not able to give me a very good description so i tried to research it as much as i could and from what i understand its not very active its a lot of desk work. so does anyone have any suggestion of MOS that would be active and have me leaving the wire? I love the Marine Corp but i need to be active its the whole reason i work my ass off to graduate high school early and was not planning to end up at a desk again. i wouldn't mind it so much after my first enlistment but while i am young and fresh out of high school i want something physically challenging even after bootcamp Semper Fi
    Beans, Bandages, Bullets.

sorry about that Softballcatch23 the problem was fix and i have done a search on this site and have spent hours on the web looking for answer it was not much help though in fact its only considered me that my recruiter has not been honest to be about my MOS.He claims that it is a job that is active in the way i described but Marines on this website have claimed its not active. So i called my recruiter and ask if he had artillery,combat eng, EOD, and security forces and he told me that all of those were not available but that EOD was under logistics and i could transfer to it when i was qualified. this did not make sense to me since logistics is under 04XX and Ammunition and Explosive Ordnance Disposal is under 23XX. So i did some more research to see that a Marine on here posted that NCO's who are qualified can go to a OED school if they are in 03XX,08XX,1371, and 2311 --Ammunition Technician MOS but logistics is not under any of those so is my recruiter not being honest with me? Thank you all for your time its been stressful spending hours on this and feel like i am getting no where with it. I want to make sure that if i am going to be spending 4 years of my life doing this that its something i will enjoy doing.

You can lat move to EOD from any MOS.

Don't worry so much about it Joe.

The Marine Corps will assign you the MOS it wants to assign you. If you want to be a Marine that should be enough. If not, go see the Army recruiter...they will give you what you want and your life will be a lot easier. Besides, you don't trust your recruiter anyway and I'm sure those Army recruiters are all trustworthy guys.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorton View Post
    sorry about that Softballcatch23 the problem was fix and i have done a search on this site and have spent hours on the web looking for answer it was not much help though in fact its only considered me that my recruiter has not been honest to be about my MOS.He claims that it is a job that is active in the way i described but Marines on this website have claimed its not active. So i called my recruiter and ask if he had artillery,combat eng, EOD, and security forces and he told me that all of those were not available but that EOD was under logistics and i could transfer to it when i was qualified. this did not make sense to me since logistics is under 04XX and Ammunition and Explosive Ordnance Disposal is under 23XX. So i did some more research to see that a Marine on here posted that NCO's who are qualified can go to a OED school if they are in 03XX,08XX,1371, and 2311 --Ammunition Technician MOS but logistics is not under any of those so is my recruiter not being honest with me? Thank you all for your time its been stressful spending hours on this and feel like i am getting no where with it. I want to make sure that if i am going to be spending 4 years of my life doing this that its something i will enjoy doing.
    All the logistics Marines I know are either super cool or super gay. Depends if they're MMO (Super Gay) or Embarkers (Super Cool).

Good luck. Hopefully you don't get that dumbass MOS wearing red patches.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaMarine View Post
    All the logistics Marines I know are either super cool or super gay. Depends if they're MMO (Super Gay) or Embarkers (Super Cool).

Good luck. Hopefully you don't get that dumbass MOS wearing red patches.

WTF, way to generalize.

Thread Information