Marines Defend Making WikiLeaks Suspect Sleep Nude..... lol
Create Post

Marines Defend Making WikiLeaks Suspect Sleep Nude..... lol

Thought this was kind of an odd story. What's so bad about sleeping as nature intended haha. What a pansy. I mean, I'm 23 and I've slept in just my boxers since I was about 7 or so, lol what's so bad about it?

http://www.kpho.com/news/27081749/detail.html

KPHO.com

Marines Defend Making WikiLeaks Suspect Sleep Nude

Army Private Suspected Of Giving Classified Documents To Site

DAVID DISHNEAU, Associated Press
    POSTED: 11:59 am MST March 4, 2011
    UPDATED: 6:06 pm MST March 4, 2011

WASHINGTON -- The Army private suspected of giving classified U.S. documents to the anti-secrecy group WikiLeaks was stripped of all clothing for two nights to keep him from hurting himself in his military jail cell, a Marine Corps spokesman said Friday.

The brig commander issued the order Wednesday, the same day Pfc. Bradley Manning was hit with a new charge - aiding the enemy - that could carry the death penalty.

Manning's civilian lawyer, David Coombs, called the treatment degrading. He said the brig commander, Chief Warrant Officer 2 Denise Barnes, issued the order without consulting the brig's mental health providers. Coombs has repeatedly complained that Manning's strict confinement conditions are punitive, a charge the military had denied.

"There can be no conceivable justification for requiring a soldier to surrender all his clothing, remain naked in his cell for seven hours, and then stand at attention the subsequent morning," Coombs wrote on his blog.

But 1st Lt. Brian Villiard said Barnes was striving to keep Manning safe, secure and able to stand trial.

"The circumstances required that his clothing be removed as a precaution to ensure that he didn't harm himself," Villiard said.

Villiard said privacy rules prevented him from discussing the circumstances that prompted the order but he added, "I can tell you that this was event-driven."

Manning, a former intelligence analyst, has been in pretrial confinement since his arrest in Iraq in May. He is charged with 34 offenses for allegedly stealing computer files of more than 250,000 confidential State Department cables, classified video of a deadly U.S. helicopter attack and a plethora of Iraq and Afghanistan war logs. The video and thousands of the documents have been the WikiLeaks website.

The 23-year-old from Crescent, Okla., was taken to Quantico on July 29. He is in maximum custody and on prevention-of-injury status - designations that keep him confined alone 23 hours a day, and require removal of all clothing except his boxer shorts at night.

On Wednesday, the Army announced 22 new charges including aiding the enemy. The charge is punishable by death but prosecutors have said they will recommend that the charge be sent to trial as a noncapital offense.

The Navy Corrections Manual, which governs Quantico brig operations, permits clothing removal for prisoners who have threatened suicide or made a suicidal gesture, or for strip searches involving suspicion of a crime.

Villiard said Manning was not placed on suicide watch this week but he has been in the past.

On Wednesday, the government issued a preliminary denial of Coombs' January complaint seeking to have Manning's custody status reduced from maximum- to medium-security. Manning said he will file a rebuttal next week, and then await reviews by Quantico commander Col. Daniel J. Choike and the Navy secretary.

U.S. Rep. Dennis Kucinich issued a statement saying the clothing-removal order could amount to cruel and unusual punishment and may violate international law.

"Is this Quantico or Abu Ghraib?" the Ohio Democrat said, referring to detainee abuses at a U.S. military prison in Iraq in 2003.

The United Nations torture investigator is pursuing an inquiry into Manning's confinement, based on allegations by a Manning supporter.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

You'd think being a poof it would be 'fun' for the little shivtbag.

"UN Torture investigator"...

Yeah, right. I guess they don't have enough to do in places like Libya, Sudan, Yemen and North Korea....

Pffffffffffffft.

And Kucinich is a noted left wing communist fucvktard anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    You'd think being a poof it would be 'fun' for the little shivtbag.

"UN Torture investigator"...

Yeah, right. I guess they don't have enough to do in places like Libya, Sudan, Yemen and North Korea....

Pffffffffffffft.

And Kucinich is a noted left wing communist fucvktard anyway.

Working not only as a Brig guard, A correctional counselor, but at that same facility in the past, I can't help but laugh. That attorney he has is a moron. The Brig Officer took a measure to make sure the detainee stays alive. They have already had one suicide in that facility in the past couple years. Chances are the Brig Officer, the Brig Supervisor, Programs Chief and counselor already had a meeting, so the lawyer can **** off!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Well, he is in a Marine run brig, not some Army hotel. He should be happy it's not one of those "Red Line" brigs of times past.

Too bad he's NOT.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Excuse my ignorance gentleman but why is this Army turd being held at a Marine brig? Since he is still in service can he be brought up on treason charges?. There is a difference between treason and sedition and since I'm not a sea lawyer I wont comment

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    Dan, when I was an Air Force JAG, our prisoners, both pre-trial and post-conviction, went to Army base facilities, e.g. Fort Sill, Okla, Fort Riley, Kans, Fort Leavenworth, Kans, to serve sentences ranging from a few months to years in prison. They must have some inter-service agreements. The Air Force did not, and probably does not have to this day, their own facilities for housing prisoners serving sentences, or even being detained in pre-trial detention. And there may not be any Navy brigs handy. Used to be that Portsmouth was the big Navy prison, don't know if it is active or not, probably not, that was ages ago.

Portsmouth Naval Prison closed somewhere around 1974 and all remaining prisoners went to Fort Leavenworth.

This little turd was, just this past week, charged with Aiding and Abetting the Enemy, which is the UCMJ version of Treason. It does carry the death penalty, although the Army hasn't yet said if they would pursue that. They also tacked on a bunch of other new charges as well.

Portsmouth is closed now.

And he's being held in Quantico, probably because it's close to DC and that is where he is going to be tried (?)

Credits
    Savings
    Portsmouth is closed now.

And he's being held in Quantico, probably because it's close to DC and that is where he is going to be tried (?)

That' what I thought was the reason. Close proximity to DC. Odd but I have not seen much left wing support for this POS other than Kucinich. Speaking of which, he truly took advantage of that student deferment, six years in college during the height of Nam?

"He attended Cleveland State University from 1967 to 1970.[7] In 1973, he graduated from Case Western Reserve University with both a Bachelor and a Master of Arts degree in speech and communication."

Yeah, well I would expect nothing less from the likes of HIM.

The left has cautiously supported him but don't want to be too blatant about it, except for those already so far tilted they might as well wear a hammer and sickle LOL.

Credits
    Savings
    Yeah, well I would expect nothing less from the likes of HIM.

The left has cautiously supported him but don't want to be too blatant about it, except for those already so far tilted they might as well wear a hammer and sickle LOL.
    Da tovarich...

Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    Excuse my ignorance gentleman but why is this Army turd being held at a Marine brig? Since he is still in service can he be brought up on treason charges?. There is a difference between treason and sedition and since I'm not a sea lawyer I wont comment
    Quantico houses all branches of service. many Army Installations do not have a Brig and Quantico is one of the East Coast Confinement facilities.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Wood5831 View Post
    Quantico houses all branches of service. many Army Installations do not have a Brig and Quantico is one of the East Coast Confinement facilities.
    Thanks Phil, how is the weather back home? Hope to be there in 10 days. You can have the NE for many reasons I wish to count.....lol

Thanks.

Today It is supposed to be around 56 and sunny. It got cold yesterday around midday here when it started raining and it dropped into the 30's last night.

Thread Information