Something wrong in this picture...
Create Post

Something wrong in this picture...

http://www.facebook.com/marinecorps#!/photo.php?fbid=1896108645036&set=o.21609611713&the ater

I'm not sure if the link will work if you don't have a facebook account, but this picture was posted on the United States Marine Corps page. Someone had already remarked on the placement of the rank insignias, and then I left a comment about his lack of a cover outdoors. It is my understanding that when in Dress Blues a cover is worn .... or are there some exceptions.

To answer your question, yes there are some exceptions, but probably not for this yahoo.

It's not just the rank insignia emplacement is wrong, but his collar emblems are on backwards, his blues blouse doesn't fit properly, he's got a good conduct medal ribbon on the right side of his uniform when there should be a medal for it on the left instead (not to mention he's got it as the next to lowest precedence award on that side.....just to name a few things I saw wrong.

Poser for sure.

LOOKS LIKE A TYPICAL SOUP SANDWICH

and another

PAWNSHOP MARINE

.THE CHEVRONS ARE WAAAY TO LOW

Credits
    Savings
    The Korean Veteran ought to ***** slap the posing ****er!!

The old man with the Korea Combat Veteran hat on might be a poser himself; like father, like son...

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    The old man with the Korea Combat Veteran hat on might be a poser himself; like father, like son...
    More like Gramps and GS, but damm good point Rick.

Even if he is a vet, he has an Air Force pin on his hat. I wouldn't expect an old Air Force vet to know Marine Corps regs.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I was thinking that myself. If the picture is recent, perhaps this year, I think the Korean War vet looks too young.

Korea ended in '53, 58 years ago. Assuming he was the youngest in combat 18, that would make him today 76. If he's 76, more power to him

And if I'm not mistaken, isn't the blue patch on the hat an Air Force insignia of some type? Can't really tell on my laptop

This particular photographer posts lots of pictures of Marines on the Facebook United States Marine Corps page, so I don't believe the people in the photo are anyone related to the photographer. His profile is not available on Facebook and you can't send him a PM. Tried googling his name and Davol Photo but got nowhere. Others have now left comments about it being a poser under the photo, but the photographer has not responded to them.

The poser is not looking into the camera and looks a bit uncomfortable ... like he just got caught. If the two are related (grandson/newphew) then the older man would most likely know it is a scam. I mean, how would you not know if your grandson was not really a Marine ... well, I suppose it is possible if the family isn't close. However, the guy with the veterans hat doesn't look too thrilled at being photographed either.

Hopefully the photographer will respond and in the future be more aware.

Davol Photo

post this in your search engine
    and you can see the person does not exist,.

I was thinking the same, Semper Fidelis.

Thread Information