You might be a Marine
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

You might be a Marine

You might be a Marine

• You might be a Marine if you have ran a marathon because you were bored.
    • You might be a Marine if you did one thing one minute only to do the exact opposite 20 minutes later and totally undo what you previously did.
    • You might be a Marine if you ended up with two different size boots after a squad bay tornado.
    • You might be a Marine if you carry “Mrs Dash” seasoning to improve your meals.
    • You might be a Marine if you can sleep anywhere anytime rain or shine.
    • You might be a Marine if you have worn the same clothes for a week while chasing badguys in Afghanistan.
    • You might be a Marine if you consider dropping artillery as a “deterrent”. 1st rule in Marine artillery, only bring artillery if you want to kill everyone.
    • You might be a Marine if you have humped 20 miles with 40+ lbs on your back, sat in an ambush position while it rained sideways (forest gump voice) and watched every critter make a nest under your poncho.
    • You might be a Marine if you don’t take “no” for an answer and shun those that use the word “cant.”
    • You might be a Marine if you adapt and improvise, fix anything with 100mph speed tape and wire while making MacGyverlook like a girl scout.
    • You might be a Marine if you giggle like a little girl with excitement when the third and fourth JDAM slam into the enemy’s position as you sit hunkered down danger close.
    • You might be a Marine if you showed up at the hotel you were staying at after the Marine Corps Ball with nothing on but your dress blue trousers a cowboy hat and a new tattoo.
    • You might be a Marine if you have traded two Main meals for a lemon pound cake
    • You might be a Marine if you can construct three different lean to shelters at night with it raining of course.
    • You might be a Marine (in Afg) if you have broken an E-tool on rocks while digging a fighting position.
    • You might be a Marine if you have read “Message to Garcia”.
    • You might be a Marine if you have fallen asleep standing up.
    • You might be a Marine if you know your boot camp drill instructors names still.
    • You might be a Marine if you move your house & family every three years
    • You might be a Marine if you ever crushed someone for a jacked up uniform
    • You might be a senior enlisted Marine if you have ever crushed a Marine for having his music so loud in his car the blood vessels in your eyes ruptured
    • You might be a Marine if you have done multiple combat tours, worked, sweated, bled, encouraged, lead, some of Americas citizens that became the world’s finest.
    • You might be a Marine if you if you are always faithful (Semper Fidelis)
    Fair Winds Marines

Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    You might be a Marine

• You might be a Marine if you have ran a marathon because you were bored.
    • You might be a Marine if you did one thing one minute only to do the exact opposite 20 minutes later and totally undo what you previously did.
    • You might be a Marine if you ended up with two different size boots after a squad bay tornado.
    • You might be a Marine if you carry “Mrs Dash” seasoning to improve your meals.
    • You might be a Marine if you can sleep anywhere anytime rain or shine.
    • You might be a Marine if you have worn the same clothes for a week while chasing badguys in Afghanistan.
    • You might be a Marine if you consider dropping artillery as a “deterrent”. 1st rule in Marine artillery, only bring artillery if you want to kill everyone.
    • You might be a Marine if you have humped 20 miles with 40+ lbs on your back, sat in an ambush position while it rained sideways (forest gump voice) and watched every critter make a nest under your poncho.
    • You might be a Marine if you don’t take “no” for an answer and shun those that use the word “cant.”
    • You might be a Marine if you adapt and improvise, fix anything with 100mph speed tape and wire while making MacGyverlook like a girl scout.
    • You might be a Marine if you giggle like a little girl with excitement when the third and fourth JDAM slam into the enemy’s position as you sit hunkered down danger close.
    • You might be a Marine if you showed up at the hotel you were staying at after the Marine Corps Ball with nothing on but your dress blue trousers a cowboy hat and a new tattoo.
    • You might be a Marine if you have traded two Main meals for a lemon pound cake
    • You might be a Marine if you can construct three different lean to shelters at night with it raining of course.
    • You might be a Marine (in Afg) if you have broken an E-tool on rocks while digging a fighting position.
    • You might be a Marine if you have read “Message to Garcia”.
    • You might be a Marine if you have fallen asleep standing up.
    • You might be a Marine if you know your boot camp drill instructors names still.
    • You might be a Marine if you move your house & family every three years
    • You might be a Marine if you ever crushed someone for a jacked up uniform
    • You might be a senior enlisted Marine if you have ever crushed a Marine for having his music so loud in his car the blood vessels in your eyes ruptured
    • You might be a Marine if you have done multiple combat tours, worked, sweated, bled, encouraged, lead, some of Americas citizens that became the world’s finest.
    • You might be a Marine if you if you are always faithful (Semper Fidelis)
    Fair Winds Marines

Last edited by bilesga; 03-04-11 at 07:02 PM. Reason: not my post

I bet a lot of the new guys don't get this one;

"You might be a Marine if you have traded two Main meals for a lemon pound cake"

Credits
    Savings

Pound Cake...................

Love Pound Cake ! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I never ate it before in my life, until I was in the Marines ! Bread pudding too !!!!! mmmmmmmmmm

Yep, luuuuuv the pound lemon pound cake

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    1000 lb JDAM striking a target. I don't know if they giggled but they sure sounded happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k42t9...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    1000 lb JDAM striking a target. I don't know if they giggled but they sure sounded happy
    Those always make us happy Sir!

You have to have the can of peaches with the pound cake

**** discs and c rat peanut butter

It was fruit cocktail and pound cake for me!!!

I had lemon pound cake during the Crucible... mmmm. It was so good.

During the monsoon of 68-69 they were rationing c-rats because the choppers couldn't fly and the convoys were being attacked. At An Hoa a bud and I stripped down and went through the wire at supply and threw 5-6 cases of c's and 2 cases of long rats over the wire.

Going through all the meals in the cases of c's there was only 1 pound cake per case of c's. Bet you all didn't know that.

Amen Brother!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cardboardbox View Post
    I had lemon pound cake during the Crucible... mmmm. It was so good.
    No it wasnt, nothing in an mre is good.

Thread Information