Wake up time
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wake up time

Wake up time

Good morning Marines! I have a quick question, i searched the forums and could not find anything with this question. What was the time you woke up in boot-camp. Answers greatly appreciated.

Most recruits "wake up" sometime during first phase...

Seriously, if you're asking when reveille is, well, it is exactly 8 hours after the lights go off - to the second. Generally, that's sometime between 0400 and 0600.

Now, that's "lights on" time, not necessarily when you wake up. That'll vary - and I'll let some Marines who've recently graduated from MCRD address that.

Reveille is at zero dark thirty.

I'm sure this has changed some since I was in, but reveille was around 0500-0530 Monday thru Saturday, and Sunday was at 0600.
    Then again, it all depends on your Drill Instructors.

Depends when the DI's want to wake your sorry azz up, Semper Fidelis.

Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    Reveille is at zero dark thirty.

I'm sure this has changed some since I was in, but reveille was around 0500-0530 Monday thru Saturday, and Sunday was at 0600.
    Then again, it all depends on your Drill Instructors.
    Lisa 0600 would be sleeping in, never happened in my time,lol, Semper Fidelis.

Thank you all. I have also heard it depends on you DI but I didn't know for sure.

Actualy it depends on the training schedule. Some days it's earlier, others it's later.

Didn't we get to sleep in till 9am on Sunday's and holidays?

Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    If you happened to be in the army, Semper Fidelis.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    Us Wingers did.

****ed Mongoose off to no end.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I don't know what Wing you were in but, the one I was in had muster at 0700 Monday - Friday.

All I remember is it was dark outside and it seemed to me the lights just went out. There were no clocks or watches to look at and aluminum trash cans were flying down the middle of the squadbay...another glorious day at MCRD San Diego!

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    All I remember is it was dark outside and it seemed to me the lights just went out. There were no clocks or watches to look at and aluminum trash cans were flying down the middle of the squadbay...another glorious day at MCRD San Diego!

Love this!! Now that you mention it though...I don't recall there being any clocks on the walls of the squadbay and we certainly didn't wear watches at MCRD. I don't remember ever having any concept of what time it was or even caring for that matter. In Recruit Training you have much, much, much more to worry about than the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    I don't know what Wing you were in but, the one I was in had muster at 0700 Monday - Friday.

My wing musters 0645 Monday-Friday.

At boot camp, your time is morning chow, afternoon chow, evening chow, and lights. Lights is at 2100-0500. Thats without fire watch or having "missions" to accomplish that night. You will learn that you can function on very little sleep. In all honesty, I havn't slept as much as I did in boot camp since. MCT you go to sleep 22-2300 and wake up at 0300-0430. I have a question for the OP. Why does it matter? I researched the Marine Corps until no tomorrow before I joined and this was a question that NEVER came up to my mind. Maybe I didn't think it was important, but then again, I was right.

0400 every day. You get some extra time sometimes on Sundays. After the crucible, you only get like 6 hours of sleep a night (You go to sleep at around 2200 instead of 2000).

dont worry, thanks to the mothers of america you will get your 8 hours of sleep, 7 hours when you have firewatch

Thread Information