Wake up time - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wake up time

i don't know an exact time but i do know it was about 5 seconds after the static started before revelie

Your counting off no longer than 10 seconds after 4AM. If you go over the summer it will really mess with you as you "go to bed" when it is still light out and wake up when it is dark.

Mike

Credits
    Savings

Revillie

Have no clue as to time
    Safe statement it seems like a few minutes after they put your sorry
    Butt in the rack
    Don't like it? Just tell your kill hat he'll take care of it for you

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Only thing I can remember is telling time by my stomach. The rest was a blur.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    Just ask the DI, yes, and say, Sir, this private needs JUST a coupla more minutes, Sir, and that request is granted, nine times out of ten.
    Now Dave you shouldn't be trying to fool the lad, I've heard it's actually seven out of ten

Whatever time that big freaking alarm clock walking around with the Smokey and the chevrons started yelling. I think it was about 5 minutes after I closed my eyes.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    The DIs are pretty understanding, Dan, they don't believe in that hazing crap we went through, things have changed. The night before, you simply write out your breakfast menu wishes, then at reveille, you bang on the DIs hatch, saying Sir, the Private's breakfast order is done, SIR!
    This is NOT steering future recruits in the wrong direction, Dan, or is it?
    We've seen thread after thread about how easy boot camp is nowadays, so I figured.......

Dave

That sounds a lot like it was at Quantico. Except we didn't have to pound on anyone's hatch. They sent around a LCpl to collect our breakfast orders. But we had to be out of the rack so the maids could make them up. It was nice after a tough afternoon of golf to grab a nap in a nice clean rack

The DIs are pretty understanding, Dan, they don't believe in that hazing crap we went through, things have changed. The night before, you simply write out your breakfast menu wishes, then at reveille, you bang on the DIs hatch, saying Sir, the Private's breakfast order is done, SIR!
    This is NOT steering future recruits in the wrong direction, Dan, or is it?
    We've seen thread after thread about how easy boot camp is nowadays, so I figured.......
    Lol.

I woke up when my drill instructors told me to wake up. Why is this even a concern?

As a person said, I "woke up" as in started getting better after first phase... thats when you start to not worry about what you're told you just do it...

Discipline is: "The instant willing obedience to all orders, respect for authority, self reliance, and teamwork, sir!"

The actual waking up process was anywhere from 0300 to 0400... depending on how much of a heavy sleeper you are you may not hear firewatch yelling "15 minutes to lights 15 minutes to lights 15 minutes to lights"

When I was on the island reveille was 0400 and 0500 on Sundays. Now thats not solid, some days if we had ****ed SDI off the day before we awoke early to play a few "games" in the sand. But you never really know what time it is and really you dont care. Mail,Chow, and free time are your concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by BadAce2212 View Post
    When I was on the island reveille was 0400 and 0500 on Sundays. Now thats not solid, some days if we had ****ed SDI off the day before we awoke early to play a few "games" in the sand. But you never really know what time it is and really you dont care. Mail,Chow, and free time are your concerns.
    When did you go?

Leather.......BadAce2212's profile has his graduation date from boot camp 9 June, 2007.

Thank you ma'am this poolee did not think to look at that, because some members do not fill the profile out.

Quote Originally Posted by Leather2013 View Post
    Thank you ma'am this poolee did not think to look at that, because some members do not fill the profile out.
    No problem Leather.

This is a quote from my Son who was at MCRD Parris Island. When I asked what time you had to get up everyday...."When our Hats came in screaming..."

Thread Information