Honor and Freedom of Speech In Our Country
Create Post

Honor and Freedom of Speech In Our Country

While watching the World News last night, I was in complete shock when they aired a story about American Freedom of Speech, the right to gather, the right to protest, the right to speak one's own mind, irregardless who it hurts.

As I watched and listened, I could not believe what was taking place, they were showing a family whom had just lost their son, a Marine and this family was attempting to conduct a funeral, to pay their final respects to a young soldier killed in action, while across the street a large gathering of people, stood chanting and screaming and mocking this family and their loss.

They marched with American Flags tied around their feet, walking on the very flag we defend and protect! Holding signs filled with anti patriotic slogans..."God hates America", "God hates Soldiers"!

Hurling their Non American chants and words across at the family, during a time of loss and grief! What in the hell is wrong with this country?
    Then a Federal Judge was brought in the fold, who said that what these protesters did was perfectly legal, they were just expressing their rights, so nothing could be done, even if it hurt others! Really?

I do not believe this is what our Fore Fathers intended, when they sat and debated and worked long hours drafting and writing, the Constitution, the Amendments and our rights, when the American Flag was made the nations symbol, when the Pledge Of Allegiance was written and utilized for the people, by the people.

The U.S. Flag should always be treated and respected with the utmost care, The American Flag represents a living country, it represents those whom have given their lives defending our borders past and present! It represents those still protecting our borders from those who wish to do us harm! It represents all those Americans, who still veiw it as our National symbol, who still say the Pledge of Allegiance because it means something to them! Those whom disrespect our Flag, whom walk on it, burn it, because they are expressing themselves, are no better than those whom we are at war with today. Terrorists! They are not expressing themselves!
    They are disrespecting our country! They are disrespecting those who lost their lives serving their country! They are disrespecting those whom still serve their country! They are disrespecting all other Americans and their National Symbol and what they believe in! These people are disrespecting and abusing the very rights of all Americans! Why? Because they think they can and nobody stops them!

When we serve our country, it is not just about protecting the borders, it's also about standing up and protecting what is within our borders!
    Protecting what we believe in, standing up and making ourselves heard!

I'm going to close with this: " I Pledge Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation, under God, indivisable, with liberty and justice for all"!

I would like to hear from my brother and sister Marines, on this and what are your veiws, what can we do to prevent these injustices and selfish acts of disrespect to our fallen brothers and sisters, and their families and the total disregard and disrespect, for the very Flag we serve under?

Well Said Gary!!!!

Semper Fi And Godbless You My Brother

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Credits
    Savings

Agree

Oooohhhrrraaaaahh

Agreed Marine.

SEMPER FI God bless America

Very well put! I completely agree with you; those people need to stop this. In response to your question; I'm not sure myself. There are the patriot riders who go out and basically block the protestors view and words. The American Flag blockage is really something to see. I wish there was more we could do though.

Semper Fi!

Thread Information