When Collars buttoned and trousers Unbloused
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

we knew that it was first phase. or your platoon, didnt know right
    from left. like everyone in boot camp, the pride in drilling. as
    a team. and being full of pride, we would do good in drill. unbutton the collars blouse the trousers. maybe the smoking lamp would be lit we all know what was next. button collars
    unblouse the trouser, then a nice pit call, my favorites are mountain climbers
    bends and thrust, make it rain ladies, but when we got to third phase
    we were so proud and the title Marine, was so near. Semper Fi

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    It really made you feel like the lowest form of life on the planet.

When I attended Recruit Training I do not remember any phase's. Maybe it was because I was so scared that everything was a blur. The one thing I was glad to see were the bus's pull up and load us up for the trip to town. I do not remember if we even had a graduation ceremony. I do remember the D.I's collecting $5.00 per recruit to pay for the blankets that were missing, so we did not have to empty our sea bags Ha. When I got off boot leave and reported to Tent Camp Two at Pendleton, I really enjoyed that training. Got to shoot the BAR from the hip at pop up targets. Then it was up to Pickle Meadows for Cold Weather Training, then to Treasure Island and a boat ride to Korea with the 38th draft.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm boot to ya all but they also made us do the same. Also a couple times in 3rd phase he had to button unblouse, furl the guidon and carry it upside down cause our senior was so ashamed of us he didn't want anyone to know we were in 3rd phase. I can't remember what the infraction was. 10 straight hours in the pit would have been more enjoyable than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Gentlmen we was MAGGOTS !

I don't remember phases either. Just one day they said we could blouse our trousers, and then a few weeks later we were allowed to unbutton our collars. We did have a graduation ceremony in the base theater, and were allowed to wander around MCRD for the afternoon, but could not leave base.

The DI's took their leave, and later in the day we were loaded into cattle cars and taken up to ITR, where we spent the next month in Infantry training. ITR wasn't much different than boot camp, except that we were in tents rather than quonset huts, and could go to the PX, or down to the beach, or over to mainside on weekends. No liberty.

After ITR, we got our orders for our respective MOS schools and a 30 day leave.

To me the most miserable part of 1st phase was seeing the recruits who were getting ready to graduate in their boots that gleamed, starched utilities (old school) marching in a perfect formation making a single sound.

I felt like worse than anything the DI called us.

What kept me going everyday is knowing that sooner or later...if lucky and smart... I would be one of those recruits getting ready to graduate and would know I could be the driving force for many other 1st phase recruits.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    I remember, we had to go over to the Navy side to do our drown proofing training. I dont remember the reason. Anyway, we wasnt marching to suit the D.I. So we had to button up, and unblouse. He made us march with our arms inter-locked, and on our tip toes. We also had to whistle while we did all that. All those Navy men looked at us coming down the road and died laughing. I felt like my whole world just ended. It was one of the most embarrassing things that ever happened to me. S/F

I remember, we had to go over to the Navy side to do our drown proofing training. I dont remember the reason. Anyway, we wasnt marching to suit the D.I. So we had to button up, and unblouse. He made us march with our arms inter-locked, and on our tip toes. We also had to whistle while we did all that. All those Navy men looked at us coming down the road and died laughing. I felt like my whole world just ended. It was one of the most embarrassing things that ever happened to me. S/F
    Hazing a platoon of privates in front of a bunch of squids. Shame,Shame.

Bet those squids were glad they were getting crapped on by the sea gulls.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    And that was at San Diego, Billy---imagine the very tough training you would have had at Parris Island. LOL
    Your absolutely right, Dave. I can only imagine about the training at P.I. However, I did get a little R&R while I was in Nam. Can I count that?

Navy to Name Warship for Murtha

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE NEW, USS JOHN P. MURTHA

The USS John P. Murtha will be an amphibious transport vessel

Construction on the ship has not yet begun,

spokeswoman for Navy Secretary Ray Mabus said he is sticking with his decision to name a warship for the Pennsylvania Democrat.

I dont think the bucket of bolts will stay together. The keel will be made of Jello.

I think a garbage hauling pos tug boat would be appropriate for the pussy murtha name!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fvcking crook!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

As a boot, I was convinced we were the lowest form of life on the planet. After all, we could never do anything right. Just ask that nice man with the 'funny cowboy hat'.

Quote Originally Posted by watson54 View Post
    WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE NEW, USS JOHN P. MURTHA

The USS John P. Murtha will be an amphibious transport vessel

Construction on the ship has not yet begun,

spokeswoman for Navy Secretary Ray Mabus said he is sticking with his decision to name a warship for the Pennsylvania Democrat.

What do I think about it... Not Much!!!!
    Why not name the next one the Hanoi Jane Fonda?
    Murtha was a Marine, and he may have done excellent service when he was in. But, in my book, when he started calling our guys murderers and publicly convicting them, he reneged on his oath of loyalty and fidelity. If he had any definitive proof of guilt, he should have taken it to the court. Under no circumstances should he have used his political office to express his undocumented personal position to the news.

Thread Information