Here is my Workout Routine
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Here is my Workout Routine

I thought you guys might want to look at it and get some idea's or something, i know i like looking at everyone else's!

Workout 1. (tues&thurs)

5 rounds of
    100 jumping Jacks
    100 Mountain climbers

Run 1.5 Miles
    rest
    Run another 1 Mile
    Stadiums (18 steps) x15

Knee2elbow abs 5,10,15,20,15,10,5
    Situps..go untill i get 200
    Leg raises 25,20,15,10,10,5
    Pull up max set untill 50 are acieved

Workout 2 ( Monday & Friday)

Curl 21's x 5
    Curl 3x6

5 rounds of
    10 pull ups
    15 push ups
    20 situps
    25 body weight squats

Push up Untill Failure

Same ab workout as Workout 1

Workout 3 (Wednesday)

Row 100m x 6
    Row 200m x 2
    Pull down machine ( idk what its call..similiar to lat pull downs) 3x6
    Pull towards Machine ( similiar to row machine minus the leg part) 3x6
    Lat Pull down 5x7
    Reverse grip pull down 3x5
    Run 1.5 Miles
    Do ab workout in Workouts 1 & 2

*Playing with Push ups*
    Run 100m
    20 pushups
    5 burpees
    15 clap pushups
    5 burpees
    10 chestslap
    pushups
    5 burpees
    5 fingertip pushups
    Run 100m
    15 pushups
    5 burpees
    10 clap pushups
    5 burpees
    10 chestslap
    pushups
    5 burpees
    5 fingertip pushups
    Run 100m
    10 pushups
    5 burpees
    10 clap pushups
    5 burpees
    10 chestslap
    pushups
    5 burpees
    5 fingertip pushups

PooleeGewarges
    Guest Free Member
    Jesus, thats alot.

Monday + Wednesday + Friday
    HIT training at my school, weight lifting and such.

Tuesdays + Thursdays
    Sprints, running, speed work, plyometrics, at my school.
    PT at my recruiting station.

Nice, One of the best workout plan I've seen.

Good luck with that.....

Far exceeds what I do or plan to do. I'm done with the 2+ hr work outs that shown no benefits but good luck to you!

Any Advice? if i can boost results i will by all means

What are you looking to do Trey (Tbrown10)? I know boost results but what part? Your IST or what?

The end goal is to have a 20 minute 3 mile, 20 dead hangpull ups and 100 crunches in 20 minutes before i go to boot camp. right now im trying to focus more on core strength and getting my run time down ( and actually being able to run 3 miles without stopping, regardless of the time)

PooleeGewarges
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon2HaveEGA843 View Post
    Good luck with that.....

Far exceeds what I do or plan to do. I'm done with the 2+ hr work outs that shown no benefits but good luck to you!
    Your right. This workout shouldn't be over an hour, and shouldn't include curling weights then going straight to pushups. OP, try shortening your workout program, or not over doing it. No offense, but what I see spells overtraining.

Yah that's stupid, not a good work-out and it sounds like someone is trying to show off. Little do they know, it makes them look like an idiot.

I would recommend you guys follow my work-out routine. I've gone from 5 pull-ups in Oct 1, 2010 to 20 pull-ups by March 3, 2011.

Monday-Tuesday
    Run 1.5-3 miles (depending on level of performance) FAST
    Rest (continue walking track)
    1 mile of alternating wind-sprints/walking (do what you can based on performance level)
    HYDRATE
    Pyramid pull-ups
    Do 1 pull-up, 10 push-ups. 2 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, etc. etc. all the way to 5,6 or 7 (depending on your abilities)
    Knock-out 100 crunches and call it a day.

WEDNESDAY
    Take this day off and rest for PT at your RSS (even if you don't do hard PT it's always nice to rest) *rest is more important for the human body than working-out*

THURSDAY
    PT at RSS

FRIDAY/SATURDAY
    Do the same work-out as stated above. I usually push myself the most on these days because I'm feeling confident and motivated.

SUNDAY
    Church. Haha. No work-out fellas.

Let me throw some more advice out there for those willing to listen. Getting in shape is NOT getting big and buff. It is not about lifting weights. It IS about body-resistance and conditioning your body to work WITH your body. Focus on getting better at PULL-UPS, CRUNCHES, AND RUNNING THAT'S IT! Focus on hydration, and eating right. You do these things and the "cutness" and performance will come. Promise.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpatientPoolee View Post
    Yah that's stupid, not a good work-out and it sounds like someone is trying to show off. Little do they know, it makes them look like an idiot.

I would recommend you guys follow my work-out routine. I've gone from 5 pull-ups in Oct 1, 2010 to 20 pull-ups by March 3, 2011.

Monday-Tuesday
    Run 1.5-3 miles (depending on level of performance) FAST
    Rest (continue walking track)
    1 mile of alternating wind-sprints/walking (do what you can based on performance level)
    HYDRATE
    Pyramid pull-ups
    Do 1 pull-up, 10 push-ups. 2 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, etc. etc. all the way to 5,6 or 7 (depending on your abilities)
    Knock-out 100 crunches and call it a day.

WEDNESDAY
    Take this day off and rest for PT at your RSS (even if you don't do hard PT it's always nice to rest) *rest is more important for the human body than working-out*

THURSDAY
    PT at RSS

FRIDAY/SATURDAY
    Do the same work-out as stated above. I usually push myself the most on these days because I'm feeling confident and motivated.

SUNDAY
    Church. Haha. No work-out fellas.

Let me throw some more advice out there for those willing to listen. Getting in shape is NOT getting big and buff. It is not about lifting weights. It IS about body-resistance and conditioning your body to work WITH your body. Focus on getting better at PULL-UPS, CRUNCHES, AND RUNNING THAT'S IT! Focus on hydration, and eating right. You do these things and the "cutness" and performance will come. Promise.

Cheers.
    Sorry need to clarify. So go up to 5/6/7 how I described- but do them using the overhand grip, and then when you get to 7 switch to underhand grip and start coming down. 7 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, 6 pull-ups 10 push-ups, etc. etc.

PooleeGewarges
    Guest Free Member
    This poolee has full body soreness as of today because this week this poolee did more with less. OP, do not waste your time killing yourself with all those sets and reps because it will get you no where.

The best thing you can do is what ImpatientPoolee has told you, or make a decent workout program that consists of strength conditioning 2 to three times a week, and running and/or sprints twice a week. Take weekends off for rest.

ALSO, study Marine Corps knowledge! One of the things this poolee does while doing a circuit or pyramid workout is calling off enlisted ranks or general orders.

Best thing to do is work a different part of you body everyday. Also do what fellow poolees have said and make your own or follow the posted.

split your routine upper body and lower body, When your working out dont take breaks between excercises, just change your muscle group, such as chest and tris, then back and bis, so do military presses then go into pullups, etc. It helps keep your heart rate up so you burn more calories and helps with your endurance

Here's my simple but good work out routine that I currently have that has cut weight, toned me up, and given me better results in what I can do.

Monday and Thursday-Cardio days

Stretch

1 mile run-this is a sprint and it throws the heart rate up there. Trust me if you run a mile as fast as you can and don't feel tired then you was not running as fast as you could.

Bike-30 minutes of resistance cycling. First 10 minutes is set to a resistance higher then 10. *KEEP THOSE RPMS ABOVE 80 AT ALL TIMES!!!!!!* Next 10 minutes the resistance is pumped up twice while keeping those RPMs up over 80. Last 10 minutes the resistance is bumped up again twice while keeping those RPMs over 80. Bro, if this does not kill the muscles around your knees and hamstrings then you either didn't have enough resistance, wasn't keeping those RPMs up over 80, or taking breaks during the 30 min.

Eliptical-30 min of running/pedaling on the eliptical machine is a good workout without having the shock on your joints from running. I do 4 minute incriments of 2 differnt level settings and resistances. The first level and resistance setting is the height maxed out *usually 20* and the resistance maxed out *usually 20*. Once the machine drops the resistance I adjust it. I use to do half of the beginning 20/20 which is 10/10 but now I'm at height 11 and resistance 13. This machine will burn those hamstrings/calves and chest/arms.

If you keep track of your heart rate then it should ALWAYS be 60% of what your resting heart rate is depending on your age. Usually for people in the 20's its 160 but I burn it out by trying to hit 180 but atleast getting up to 170.

Wednesday-Rest

Tuesday and Fridays-Cardio and LIGHT LIFTING

Stretch

1 mile run to get that heart rate up

15 min on the bike with the resistance being tweaked up every 5 minutes.

15 min on the eliptical with the 4 min height level and resistance changes.

Lat Pull Down-I do a total of 60 reps. 3 sets of 20 usually set at 110-120 lbs *May actually be to heavy but I just want to build up*

Chest Press-60 reps, 3 sets of 20. Usually 70-90 lbs *Trust me it will make your arms and chest burn to the point of giving out*

Fly-60 reps, 3 sets of 20. Usually 130 lbs. *It keeps those biceps*

Curl-60 reps, 3 sets pf 20. Usually 115 lbs. *May actually be to heavy to consider as light*

Ab weights-2 sets of 30. Usually 110 lbs.

Weekend-Off

I also do little work outs at my job so I'm constantly doing something even if its lifting materials at my job.

All my workouts are done really with no breaks inbetween so as soon as you move on to the next work out and the heart rate drops it shoots right back up.

One new thing I tried that actually had my side cramping on just half a mile is walking a fast pace on the treadmill while on a incline. I had it up at height level 11 and on 5.0 speed. It's not as easy as you think but I'm going to begin adding that in my 1 mile warm up runs to really get myself to where I can run 3 miles easy. I'll run the 1.5 miles then throw the height up and walk that then when I think I can run again I'll continue running. It should help me build up to continuously running without stopping.

Oh yea I do little things at home also as in push up sets *3 reps out wide, 3 reps a inch in, 3 reps another inch in, 3 reps shoulder width, and 3 reps diamond while adding the military style hop/clap when changing widths* Yes.....this works the back, back of your arms, outer part of your biceps and also inner. The more you think you can do the more you add to your reps. I have a pull up bar that I hit until I can't pull up on any more.

Thanks for all the input! points taken and will redo my routine tomorrow and get at it hard monday.

and to the Guy that said im trying to show off and look like an idiot, if i wanted to show off i would, but i dont( because i dont have anything to show off lol), and thats all there is to it. not sure how i look like an idiot when i just posted my workout and wanted others advice and critisism, not insults, thanks for the other input though man.

EDIT..might try that MARSOC workout, looks pretty tough

Thread Information