USMC Wounded Warrior Regiment
Create Post

USMC Wounded Warrior Regiment

I was at the NEX the other day when I spied a special wrack of shirts in the Military Pride section. The shirts had "Wounded Warrior Project" printed on them along with various motivational statements and pictures. I read the tag and it said that the proceeds from each shirt bought would go directly to helping wounded warriors.

Highly intrigued I went home and looked them up. They look like a pretty darn good thing. I signed up for e-mails. They send updates on how the wounded warriors are doing and what they have accomplished.

It may be something worth checking out.

Semper Fi!

Here is a link to the Marine Corps Wounded Warrior Regiment:

http://www.woundedwarriorregiment.org/Mission.cfm

Here is the link to the Wounded Warrior Project, main site:

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/index.php

Here's a blip of daily info, akin to a newsletter:

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Wounded Warrior Regiment is a great thing. It's been almost 4 yrs since I was with them and they still to this day call and see how life is going and to see if I need anything. They took care of me then, and they still continue to make sure that everything is in place. They put on free trips for wounded warriors and a whole lot of other things. A great group, and doing A LOT of good things.

I'm a member (Alumni) of the WWP. Didn't know they were selling T shirts....is there any way you could post up a pic of some of the shirts? I'd be willing to invest in some for sure.

They are a GREAT outfit and have helped me from time to time. Highly recommended.

v/r
    Lep

Quote Originally Posted by Silentwarrior17 View Post
    Wounded Warrior Regiment is a great thing. It's been almost 4 yrs since I was with them and they still to this day call and see how life is going and to see if I need anything. They took care of me then, and they still continue to make sure that everything is in place. They put on free trips for wounded warriors and a whole lot of other things. A great group, and doing A LOT of good things.
    I'll second this. Those guys call once a year or so and see how things are going and they also send out a nice ornament and card at Christmas time every year. Kudos to all the hard work the Wounded Warrior Regiment is doing for our Marines!! Me, personally, my wounds were fairly superficial and I feel a bit guilty with being included in the ranks of those that continue to suffer from the wounds they received (not to mention those that were awarded their PHs posthumously).

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    I'm a member (Alumni) of the WWP. Didn't know they were selling T shirts....is there any way you could post up a pic of some of the shirts? I'd be willing to invest in some for sure.

They are a GREAT outfit and have helped me from time to time. Highly recommended.

v/r
    Lep
    Here are some I found on the NEX site; but there are a few more on the racks.

Two more...

Quote Originally Posted by MGySgtSki View Post
    I'll second this. Those guys call once a year or so and see how things are going and they also send out a nice ornament and card at Christmas time every year. Kudos to all the hard work the Wounded Warrior Regiment is doing for our Marines!! Me, personally, my wounds were fairly superficial and I feel a bit guilty with being included in the ranks of those that continue to suffer from the wounds they received (not to mention those that were awarded their PHs posthumously).

That last sentence I completely understand and relate to myself. I was not injured in battle; it's real sticky point for those who don't like to ask for help. There is always someone who is more disserving than ourselves; it must be an unwritten subconscious law, that is inscribed in the hearts of all Marines.

Semper Fi!

Thank you all for your kind words and we appreciate your posts! The Marine Corps' Wounded Warrior Regiment stresses at all levels the importance of relationships and continuing the long-standing Marine Corps tradition of - "Marines taking care of Marines". In case you weren't aware, we recently started a Facebook page to help carry out our mission of assisting all wounded, ill, and injured Marines. Please visit our new Facebook site (USMC Wounded Warrior Regiment), which is currently featuring the Marine Corps Trials as well as other news articles that you may find informative. With the trials in full swing, we have been able to share many great stories and photos of Wounded Warrior athletes. Semper fi!

Thread Information