Mos switch
Create Post

Thread: Mos switch

Mos switch

I currently have a artillery contract and a Marine corps college fund kicker enlistment bonus. When I enlisted I wanted infantry and still do. I'd really like to switch my contract to infantry. I still have 4 months before I leave. What can I do to get infantry? Also why would my recruiters have given other kids infantry but not me? I have been in the pool for awhile now and I keep seeing more and more people get infantry.

All the want In the world isnt going to get you SH!T, I got my infantry contract over the rest of the male poolees by proving it, That means Leading the pack, helping out other poolees, And PHYSICAL FITNESS. My RSS isnt going to give out an infantry contract to a kid who can do 5 pullups, runs like a dog with three legs, and doesnt put out. Actions speak louder than words.

Why would they give you an MOS like that if there uncertain if youll even make it through Boot Camp?

Last edited by kjohnson8824; 02-23-11 at 10:14 PM. Reason: wrong grammar

I agree completely. Thats why I'm a freaking motard. I have a first class pft and cft and study my knowledge a lot. I am the guide half the time at my RSS. I don't expect anything to be handed to me that's why I'm going to be a marine. I will earn it! They have given kids infantry who are far less motivated then me that never show up to pt and are in horrible shape. I think it's that they know I just want to be a marine and would take anything. I'm happy with what I have. I'm ecstatic at just the oppurtunity to be a marine. I want to be recon but I know I can get there later in my career if I don't get infantry but It would be easier if I had infantry and I feel like I have earned the chance

Nothing aginst my recruiters though they are great and I appreciate them greatly and think they are doing thier job fantastically.

Yeah well thats a really good attitude, half the kids I know are all give me this give me that but don't put in no work. As for recon, you can use your time in to develop a strong physical foundation. It takes a long time to build up that kind of speed, strength and endurance. I score a high pft as well, around 275 but thats still no recon shape. You need to EXCEED the minimuns, The stats for recon is if you go in there just trying to tough it out and just get by, you have a 6% chance of making it.

Look up Stew Smith fitness if your serious about Recon though, He's an ex Navy SEAL and knows what hes talking about, it has a bunch of good information.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbieallred View Post
    I currently have a artillery contract and a Marine corps college fund kicker enlistment bonus. When I enlisted I wanted infantry and still do. I'd really like to switch my contract to infantry. I still have 4 months before I leave. What can I do to get infantry? Also why would my recruiters have given other kids infantry but not me? I have been in the pool for awhile now and I keep seeing more and more people get infantry.
    I had a combat engineer contract and wanted artillery and I got it through attrition. My recruiter wouldn't give me artillery or infantry, so I went to the other recruiters.

Ask them if they have poolees who want to switch contracts with you? I know some people choose infantry and the go "uuuuh, maybe I don't actually want to be a war fighter"

Try it. Getting infantry is tough, and if you already have a signed contract, most of the time, the new poolees get priority

Thread Information