Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    Outstanding!
    Here is a close up of a Wirgman.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	958694616.jpg‎
Views:	222
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	9047  

Thank-you for the information. I appreciate the information. At what point are you able to change from the standard marksmanship badges?

You don't 'change', you go to these competitions and EARN them.

Quote Originally Posted by mdsalern View Post
    Thank-you for the information. I appreciate the information. At what point are you able to change from the standard marksmanship badges?
    You can wear any of the badges listed by placing in the top 10% of the non-distinguished shooter at the division or marine corps matches. That is what is called a "leg" badge and is shown as a "Marine Corps Rifle/Pistol Competition" or "Marine Corps Division Rifle/Pistol Competition" badge on slide #2. They are worn in place of standard qualification badges. After compiling 30 points with either rifle or pistol you are awarded the distinguished badge and it replaces the leg badges. If you look at the slides, the rank of the badge is upper left to lower right starting with slide #1. International Distinguished being the highest and worn on the inside of all other badges. Gold leg badges are worth 10 pts.,silver worth 8 pts and bronze 6 pts. Hope this helps.
    Semper Fi

I'm glad you deciphered my last message. Spot on.

Are these competitions available to reservists?

Matches

Quote Originally Posted by mdsalern View Post
    Are these competitions available to reservists?
    The division matches are open to all including civilians. The Marine Corps matches are only open to Marines including reserves and the only way in is to place in the top 10% of a division match. The link to a matches schedule is here: http://marinedsa.org/.

Thank you again for the information.

Always wondered what those medals were. There was a DI in my company that had 3 of them, but I'm not sure which ones they were. It's not like I could have asked, either!

Thread Information