Minor Knee injury
Create Post

Minor Knee injury

Hello again,
    so i got my ship date switched to June 13th 2011! very happy about that parents arent, but i have a minor knee injury right now. i can run about a mile and a half maybe 2 miles as of saturday without it hurting too bad but when i sprinted just 100 yards in the end of the run my knee started killing me. im not usually one to complain about being hurt but knowing my future in the Marines is on the line im wondering do i have a chance in bootcamp? no matter what im going to suck up the injury if it doesnt get better and give it my all in bootcamp, but would i get through bootcamp on it? by the way i dont know what is wrong with my knee it just started hurting one day after i ran on it in PE

Carsin,
    I have to be honest here...knee pain is nothing to screw with EVER. Get your butt to a doc and let them diagnose the issue. If it keeps you out of the Corps...so be it. Knowing you have a medical issue and not acknowledging it is the same as lying about it. Fraudulent enlistment is a felony and will block you from ever joining any branch at any time.

Go see a doc and see what they have to say. If it is just a twisted knee, you might need to take it easy but you are good to go. If it is damaged in some way.... you need to tell the recruiter, get it fixed...and start the enlistment process all over again.

Good luck either way.

Since you don't know what's wrong with your knee,see a doctor and find out.

+1 Go see a Doc!!

roger that i will go see a doc ASAP... my knee is actually getting better since when i first hurt it. i hurt it in january and i could hardly walk without it hurting and now i can run a couple miles without it hurting too badly. and i am in a swim class which should help with healing tremendously

Thread Information