open contract
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: open contract

open contract

okay so i scored a 46 on the asvab and they say i can enlist with open contract but then again i dont want to get stuck with a job as a cook or anything. any advice please i would really appreciate it ?

I did open contract, it worked out.

my friend who is a marine as well told me since i am female i have a better chance of getting stuck as a cook.

Study up and try to take the ASVAB again for a higher score. See if you can qualify for a specific Occ Field, but it might be a situation where they just don't have much open for you at that particular recruiting station. Just talk with your recruiter and see if there is anything that can be done on your part to get you something other than open contract if that is what you want.

However, if you end up open contract, no matter what MOS you end up in just try to make it yours and always strive to make it better and to do your best. Doing this, you will most likely never have any issues regret, bitterness, etc.

And fill out your profile so we on the site here know who we are talking to.

Read the rules for wannabes. Pay attention to the one about punctuation/capitalization. This is not your phone and you are not texting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Read the rules for wannabes. Pay attention to the one about punctuation/capitalization. This is not your phone and you are not texting.
    Thank you ill be sure to read that section.

Quote Originally Posted by omvbby View Post
    my friend who is a marine as well told me since i am female i have a better chance of getting stuck as a cook.
    This looks better, Marine instead of marine now doesn't it, Good Luck, Semper Fidelis?

Google ASVAB practice tests and take them. You can then review your answers and see where you did well and where you didn't. Study up on your weak areas. There are also books you can buy that will assist you in improving your score. Get the score up and you will have the option of other MOS skills.

When I went in...everyone was basically open contract but you could get an Aviation guarantee. If you want a better job, put in the time needed to improve your scores.

Good luck.

good luck to you buddy! hope you solve it earlier..

The Hills Seasons 1-6 DVD

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    BULL$h!t

I did it 27 years ago and ended up in Ordnance! Tell your friend to kiss MY entire a$$ - LOL! Though I do have to admit, with a 46, you ARE more likely to be a cook. That's not so much a bad thing either - Marines luuuuuuuuv to eat.

Thank you ill be sure to read that section.
    Geez...you STILL got the punctuation/capitalization wrong!

Hate to say it but I believe an open contract is in your future (IF you get a contract at all).

If you ever do make it to bootcamp I hope you take instruction better there than you have here so far.

You do have a good attitude and I appreciate your politeness. But, when you're told to square something away then get it squared away. Pretty simple.

I had 4 open contracts in my platoon, 3 MP's and one aircraft munitions or some **** like that. Drill Instructors called em cooks the whole cycle though. They really thought they were gonna be cooks. You'll never know the needs of the Corps, just make it through Boot and make the best outta what you get

I am just going to retake the ASVAB hopefully I will score higher.

Thread Information