open contract - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: open contract

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by omvbby View Post
    okay so i scored a 46 on the asvab and they say i can enlist with open contract but then again i dont want to get stuck with a job as a cook or anything. any advice please i would really appreciate it ?

Did you ride the short bus or what? How in the hell do you score a 46? Doesn't sound like school had any subject you favored at all aside from lunch and recess. Either try again or live with being a cook. I don't think someone with a 46 on the ASVAB needs to be toting live ammo and a weapon.

Credits
    Savings
    I am just going to retake the ASVAB hopefully I will score higher.
    A dead person can score higher.

Credits
    Savings
    I am just going to retake the ASVAB hopefully I will score higher.
    Are you related to Gomer Pyle or what?

Olga,
    Don't let the harassment get to you. Study up and retake the test. You can do better than 46 and you will. When you do, examine all the possible MOSs that are available and select something that interests you. Don't select a job that 'sounds' cool because those are typically the ones that suck the most.

Study....study....study! You will be fine.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by DrZ View Post
    Olga,
    Don't let the harassment get to you. Study up and retake the test. You can do better than 46 and you will. When you do, examine all the possible MOSs that are available and select something that interests you. Don't select a job that 'sounds' cool because those are typically the ones that suck the most.

Study....study....study! You will be fine.

Good luck

Thank you.

Cheer up, you're getting razzed for a reason. Marines like to do that. If you become a cook don't knock it. In the Corps you want to have a buddy in the Mess Hall, Supply, MT, and in Mongoose's case..Sickbay.

Try again. Be aware of your weak points and don't get nervous. Of course that's easy for me to say.

Last edited by Brianhipwell; 03-16-11 at 05:08 AM. Reason: finger slipped

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyZell View Post
    I had 4 open contracts in my platoon, 3 MP's and one aircraft munitions or some **** like that. Drill Instructors called em cooks the whole cycle though. They really thought they were gonna be cooks. You'll never know the needs of the Corps, just make it through Boot and make the best outta what you get

ZELLMAN, get in the MP's if you can. You'll get a good job when you get out.
    HIP

Thanks i appreciate all the advice.

I thought a 46 was Army.

Study up and try to take the ASVAB again for a higher score. See if you can qualify for a specific Occ Field, but it might be a situation where they just don't have much open for you at that particular recruiting station. Just talk with your recruiter and see if there is anything that can be done on your part to get you something other than open contract if that is what you want.

Cheapest WOW Gold
    RS Gold
    Rift Plat

Thread Information