BUMED Waiver
Create Post

Thread: BUMED Waiver

Marine Friend Free Member Darklordit's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

BUMED Waiver

Hey guys so I need help badly. I have been trying to get into the marine corps
    For about 7 months now. I have been doing the DEP unenlisted and been doing awsome and I have had no problems in the workouts.I went to MEPS and was disqualified on three accounts. One I failed the hearing test. Two I had a vascular ring surgery and third the doctor thought I had ryanuds syndrome. So I got a note from doctors suing that I'm fine and should have no problems at all. Also the reason I failed he hearing test is because I had an infection during the hearing test at MEPS and is fine now. My hands do turn red but I got a note saying that it is not A problem. I also got a note saying that my vascular ring surgery is gone and have no problems. So my question is what are my chances on getting it approved?
    Other info:
    1.5 mile: my time is 11:34
    2 min crunches: 70ish
    Pull ups:8

Quote Originally Posted by Darklordit View Post
    Hey guys
    Hey 'sup dawg.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcmsf View Post
    Hey 'sup dawg.
    Sorry corporal what I meant to say was. Good evening Marines!

Well, with the Marine Corps reducing their numbers recently, they can be very picky. You may have a good chance, but don't be shattered if they still shoot you down.

Keep us advised....because you'll still need those 3 waivers. I'll be honest...your chances aren't the greatest. However, keep on keepin on. There is NO harm in trying, which it appears you've done.

One DQ is tough enough these days. Three may be unbeatable. But, you can always try.

BTW: the words Marine Corps are always capitalized.

Good luck.

Credits
    Savings
    thanks and some more info is that we spent up a MED READ to the doctor for the vascular ring surgery and he did approve it then. But even if the waiver gets denied i still have friends going so im still gonna go every thrusday =)

Good deal. GREAT attitude. Keep us informed!

Credits
    Savings
    I just got told that the BUMED waiver was not denied but I need to go and have a psych eval because I was on ADD and it was a trail bases so my thinking is that its heading in the right direction

Thread Information