Reading list
Create Post

Thread: Reading list

Reading list

Im looking to put together a list of books to read in the few months between now and bootcamp. I do have a copy of the commandants reading list, and ive gotten a few on the list but some of the titles are obscure and almost impossible to find.

I just finished bing west's "The Village" and Nathaniel Fick's "One Bullet Away" and picked up another one of wests, No True Glory, Today.

So i wanted to ask what some of you guys personally feel are good books to check out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch 44 View Post
    Im looking to put together a list of books to read in the few months between now and bootcamp. I do have a copy of the commandants reading list, and ive gotten a few on the list but some of the titles are obscure and almost impossible to find.

I just finished bing west's "The Village" and Nathaniel Fick's "One Bullet Away" and picked up another one of wests, No True Glory, Today.

So i wanted to ask what some of you guys personally feel are good books to check out.
    My personal favorite is "Fields of Fire" by James Webb. It's an excellent book.

Also check out this list from Sgt. Grit's page, it might help:

http://www.grunt.com/books

Good luck at boot bro.
    - Dan

Stolen Valor, Semper Fidelis.

+1 for Fields of Fire

Also

With the Old Breed - E.B. Sledge

"A Sense of Honor" (Webb)
    Guidebook for Marines (Not being funny...trust me it'll help)
    "The March Up" (West)
    "Generation Kill"

Likely a few more...but those will get you started..

Thread Information