this is how they roll in k-bay - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReservist View Post
    The email was neither FOUO or secret..... also, nobody actually says why the pic is unsat.
    Again personal feelings aside the SgtMaj. of the Marine Corps expressed his opinion that this is UnSat so Its not my place disagree with the opinion. But consider this you are a Marine at the beginning and end of the reenlistment ceremony. You are only a civillian in the 15 seconds in between the reading of the honorable discharge and taking the oath of enlistment. I have never attended official ceremony as a Marine in anything other than the perscribed uniform of the day. So being a Marine at the beginning of the ceremony wouldn't you think you would be in uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine3451 View Post
    Again personal feelings aside the SgtMaj. of the Marine Corps expressed his opinion that this is UnSat so Its not my place disagree with the opinion. But consider this you are a Marine at the beginning and end of the reenlistment ceremony. You are only a civillian in the 15 seconds in between the reading of the honorable discharge and taking the oath of enlistment. I have never attended official ceremony as a Marine in anything other than the perscribed uniform of the day. So being a Marine at the beginning of the ceremony wouldn't you think you would be in uniform.
    Not everyone got that message from the smaj, plus it says he's asking people not to forward the email. Plus this isn't an email

Not everyone re-enlists immediately upon being read the discharge. Some people choose to re-enlist while they're on leave. Maybe they were at a unit function at the beach or something. There are a variety of possible explanations.

just thought it was funny and y'all would get a kick out of it. don't moto rage

Quote Originally Posted by Marine3451 View Post
    I can disagree with any opinion I want to, as a Marine or otherwise, an order is a different story though.

While those at the top are upset and believe that this is wrong. There is no order stating so or why this would be wrong.

Also, you didn't check out my earlier post #13.

http://www.usmc.mil/unit/mcaspendlet...s/mtnrenl.aspx

Marine Reenlists and gets giant cardboard check. I'm more upset over this as they are treating the reenlistment bonus like some lottery jackpot that has to be magically won.

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    How is a blown up photo or likeness of a check anything like a lottery won by magical means???????? It's a check he got for reenlisting. He's not reaching into some lottery basket and pulling out a number==-we are sooooooo sensitive about nearly everything No wonder we live in the Age of Fear, where everyone is afraid to think, act, offend, not offend, wish, dream, always looking over our shoulders. What a sad way to live, eh?
    Age of Fear. Marine Corps fearful of what the photo "says" to others. People afraid of saying it is okay. Afraid of this and that. Scary.

HarperJim, I think he was just posting the photo to show Marines reenlist in civilian attire and he did not see anything wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunz View Post
    HarperJim, I think he was just posting the photo to show Marines reenlist in civilian attire and he did not see anything wrong with it.
    As I was, I just read the bottom of his post.

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    His views were that the reenlistment photo depicted the reenlistment as a kind of lottery winning, won by magical means, as stated, and I was saying that no, actually what it depicts is someone receiving a bonus for reenlisting, and nothing more.
    We read things into photos and posts all the time, depending on what we want to see there or don't want to see there. That's why the photo that the Marine Corps does not want shown, is seen to be a horrible photo, when in reality, it is a photo of people out of uniform, perhaps, reenlisting. It's not taken in some brothel somewhere, or in a restroom, so we see things in photos according to our high high standards of what should be and what should not be.
    Cut it short? Everyone is displeased by SOMETHING. That's just human nature. The trick is for us to be a little more discriminating about what outrages us. There's enough foolishness in the world to go around without scowling at relatively harmless things.

It's a non-cashable check that probably cost in itself about $300 to be made. But you are correct that it's absurd that I get upset over a giant check.

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    Yes, the recipient is hopefully well aware that if he presented that "check" at a bank, he would be placed in a facility for observation.
    But we all have our pet peeves, all of us. And there's nothing unusual or wrong about that. And we're all "guilty", so to speak, of going overboard over small matters, the big big matters being really too worrisome to even think about sometimes. We cannot change the economy, but we can make sure a chevron is not out of place by a hundredth of a centimeter. We can't change who we elected, but we can be sure we identify a poser on an Internet site. It's all related to things we can change and can't change, and we tend to focus on relatively unimportant things. We all do this. Completely natural to do so.

I couldn't give a **** less what they wear or what they're doing...the glowing white fattys are kinda embarrassing though

Looking at the picture,The Marine re-uping looks to be possibly either a local(Hawaiian) or other pacific islander, As part of their traditions many ceremonies take place in the water(weddings, etc.) I don't see anything disrespectful about the picture.

Last time I checked, which, by the way was long before most on here were born, there were three ways to get things accomplished.

The right way.
    The wrong way.
    The Marine Corps way.

This by all appearances seems to not have anything to do with military bearing. Thus, I call it a farce. Would have never happened when I was active duty.

isn't there something disturbing with the notion that the marine corps way and the right way aren't the same thing?

Being that you are a troll, I knew you didn't have the G-2 to understand what was posted.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by YourPhoneIsMine View Post
    isn't there something disturbing with the notion that the marine corps way and the right way aren't the same thing?
    Not really. What is to say the Marine Corps way is NOT the right way?

Thread Information