Intel field - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intel field

With four times, you should have no problem just as long as you receive the appropriate moral waiver. When I joined I just let the recruiter know that I had used a couple times before, had it documented, got my moral waiver, and was able to enlist as a linguist and obtain all the necessary clearances.

The thing about that, that worries me the most is if say I say 1 and someone else says 2 in regards to the times I may have smoked with them. I dont know how finely they go through all the information they get especially as it pertains to drug usage. Seeing as I've declared it Id figure they would not dig as hard but I dont want to test the waters.

Also I have no credit cards in my name but before I was dating my now wife she racked up some credit card debt. Would her credit card debt hurt my chances for Security Clearance?

Are you paying her any type of support for her debt? If it's not your debt, not your problem. As for weed, the maigc number is 5, so you got lucky, I think if you anwer yes to 3 unfavorable questions you're DQ'd. If the debt is yours and you show intent to pay it off such as the fact that you're currently paying it off, you'll most likely get that waiver. The investigator can only do so much, they need proof that you've smoked to deny you, so if you've got like 100 photos of you smoking weed and they have different timestamps, you're gonna get denied. They can't really take anyone's word for anything unless they have proof.

Thread Information