Intel field
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intel field

Intel field

As some of you Marines already know I am looking at getting into the Intel MOS, the question I am posing is how tough is it to get the 0231 job in the intel field..?

Assuming I don't fair well on the DLAB and get stuck with thw 02's (which I dont think I'll be complaining about) what are the chances of getting that job? The 2 jobs i saw in the 02 MOS are 0231 and 0261 are the only 2 i saw that PVT's can hold would they more likely make someone a 31 vs a 61? I saw for a 61 you need to be good at math of which I am terrible at so I am hoping I dont get that job lol.

I guess the next question I pose is when you sign for Intel do you sign for either 02 or 26 or do you have to score well in the DLAB to get anything in the 26 field?

If you do well enough on everything and sign a contract to go Intel, there are two routes. One contract is your basic Intel contract which guarantees you an MOS among all qualifying 0200 and 2600 MOS's. The other contract code is the linguist option, which would guarantee you one of the 267X MOS's.

Whether you end up in the 02 or 26 Occ field your MOS will be challenging and fun (depending on your attitude towards it). Concentrate on trying to get the contract you want and then start thinking about individual MOS's, but try to not to think too much about it because you may not get what you necessarily want in the end.

So the contract I would be signing would be 02xx/26xx..?

Yes. The DD contract (which is the Intel Contract), sets you up for 02xx/26xx. You are likely to get a 26xx job if your GT score is above 100, as it involves more in-depth technical stuff. The link I gave you in your other thread is a link to the Marine Corps description of all the 02xx/26xx fields. From what I hear from a lot of linguists that have transferred into the school I'm at (2621/31/51 trains at Corry Station Pensacola, FL, while the 267x's train at Monterey Bay, California), they mostly take you at the linguist school if you score a 130 or above on the DLAB - the max score is 176. That said, everyone who signs an Intel contract will take the DLAB.

Quote Originally Posted by AjC View Post
    Yes. The DD contract (which is the Intel Contract), sets you up for 02xx/26xx. You are likely to get a 26xx job if your GT score is above 100, as it involves more in-depth technical stuff. The link I gave you in your other thread is a link to the Marine Corps description of all the 02xx/26xx fields. From what I hear from a lot of linguists that have transferred into the school I'm at (2621/31/51 trains at Corry Station Pensacola, FL, while the 267x's train at Monterey Bay, California), they mostly take you at the linguist school if you score a 130 or above on the DLAB - the max score is 176. That said, everyone who signs an Intel contract will take the DLAB.
    Last I checked it was 100-105 range on the DLAB.

Quote Originally Posted by AjC View Post
    I had been checking out that link thats where I was getting some of the information from. I will have to investigate those Jobs as well. I am assuming that 26's dont typically get shot at either?

No. The Government spends a lot of money training Intel and such. I was talking to my Corporal today in class, and he said that you're usually back at base, or if you're in the field, you have a lot of back up. A lot.

Awesome, I took my ASVABs tonite their computers were so I couldnt get my scores tonite. Im hoping I did well enough to get into the Intel MOS.

You should be good as long as you're not retarded, if not take the ASVAB until you CAN get the job.

Many of the people in the Intel field are at least score at least 80. But the line scores are what matter the most - get that information.

you need a 105, basically just to prove your capable of learning the sh*t.

I think I knocked it out of the park, the line score I am most interested in is GT 0231 the GT theyre looking for is 100.

Im trying to get some info on the other 26's is the Intel field a super difficult MOS to be in?

Also im wondering what some of the major things they are looking for, for the TS security.

Thing is - while the information exists, there is a reason that it requires you to have a certain clearance level before you can know certain things. If you get into the Intel Field, you'll learn the term ComSec very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by MunkyVsRobot View Post
    I think I knocked it out of the park, the line score I am most interested in is GT 0231 the GT theyre looking for is 100.

Im trying to get some info on the other 26's is the Intel field a super difficult MOS to be in?

Also im wondering what some of the major things they are looking for, for the TS security.
    It doesn't matter what the individual MOS requirements are dog, the DD requires a GT of 105, no waivers. As for TS? You should read 0231's thread on 0231's, there's some good info on TS clearances.

the tl;dr on that is you gotta be an American, no debt or money issues, no drug use, no extensive criminal record besides traffic violations, you can't travel to countries we don't like, so basically the middle east, you can't have contacts there such as family or business partners, etc.

and if you lie, say goodbye to your job.

I may need a drug waiver, which is the thing I have been sweating. I used MJ about 4 times would that be a big problem at getting clearance..? As long as I declare it would it hurt my chances to get Clearance, I have no run ins with the law besides traffic violations.

Thread Information