13XX Job Field
Create Post

Thread: 13XX Job Field

13XX Job Field

I am planning on starting my enlistment process soon and hope to get the MOS 1371 combat engineering. From my understanding of what my recruiter has told me I should be guaranteed the job field of 13XX. Is the true, and if not what other possible jobs are in the field that I could be assigned to? Any information would be very helpful. Thanks

The other jobs are Heavy Equipment Operator, Mechanic, Engineer Tech(Surveyor), Small Boat Mechanic, and Welder.

Why not a MOS of 1369

You sign a construction/engineer contract, includes a couple of the 11XX fields as well, not all of them though, you'll probably be a 1371 if you choose the contract, it's the only way you're going to get the job other than failing out of MOS schools for another job, such as artillery.

It's a roll of the dice, only you can decide if you want to play the game.

Ive talked to my recruiter and told him thats the MOS that I would really like to get but he has never mentioned this contract. Is the contract youre talking about really the only/best way to get 1371?

Credits
    Savings
    i signed that contract and im a 1371..others who I know with that contract werent so lucky. so all you can do is hope for the best. i was hoping for combat engineer and got it. good luck.

Thread Information