my wife and son when i am away
Create Post

my wife and son when i am away

Hello all I just have a question for thoes who are Marine Spouses. I am going off to Boot in May and I am leaving my wife and son ( I know they cant come ) but anyways my son will be 1yo what are the chances of him forgeting who I am when I am gone? Thank you so much everyone!!

alot of Marines going on deployments have those worries. i know you are not going on deployment however still apart. look up a thing called Daddy Doll. what it is is basically a doll made for the most part in your likeness and they can put a sound box in it that you record something onto so your son can hear your voice and can see you.

thanks alot sir!!!

Credits
    Savings
    She'll be just fine.

Hopefully everything will work out. They need to get used to it...daddy will be gone a lot.

Yup. No doubt, it's going to be difficult. But believe it or not, he won't forget you.

its really the wife who needs to have videos play on tv for baby to watch, pictures all over, etc. My daughter was 15 months when husband went to boot camp, we watched home videos, looked at pictures everyday etc. she would talk to him on the phone (not during boot camp but while he was in school and whatnot) she never forgot her daddy when we got back from boot camp graduation he was REALLY worried she's not want to go to him...but she ran right up to him and hugged him, he was SO excited

Great advice!!

Have your wife constantly show your son pictures of you and talk to him about you. Your won won't forget about you. Maybe have her record your voice also so he can hear it over and over again. While you are in boot camp try not to be worried about it. I'm sure your wife will have everything under control. Try to focus on your training. The last thing you need while you there is distraction. Good luck.

A really good idea is to record yourself reading story books, which mom can turn the pages on while playing your recording. Video yourself doing the same thing, too. It will keep you fresh in their mind.

Bettyyross...I was stationed at Corry Station in Pensacola back in '83-'84...what a great city and a beautiful place to be...had some great times there!

In this day and age with all the electronic devices I do not think you have to worry about it.

oh i absolutely love it here! but we won't be here too long lol, i hope wherever we go next it's just as beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by YLDNDN6 View Post
    Bettyyross...I was stationed at Corry Station in Pensacola back in '83-'84...what a great city and a beautiful place to be...had some great times there!

Thread Information