Caught myself a faker!
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Caught myself a faker!

As you are probably aware, San Diego is a major hub for the U.S Armed Forces. We got the Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard calling it home. Which means that running into service members isn't a rare event. Now, I have met my share of Marines, old and young, and always make it a habit of thanking them, or just complimenting them. I figure any little gesture helps (oohrah/Semper Fi is strictly off limits). So anyways, I was trekking around Best Buy the other day, when I saw what (at the time) I thought was a Marine Staff Sergeant... until I looked closer. At first glance, nothing seemed wrong. Everything seemed legit. Dress Blues seemed normal.Expect the fact that his trousers had no blood stripe. From here on out I was dissecting this guy with my eyes without mercy. His ribbons seemed contradicting, as he had a Navy Cross ribbon, but no CAR (unless he got it for humanitarian reasons, it seems very unlikely), he also walked with his hands in his pockets. Annoyed, I confronted him and asked

"Say, Marine, what did you earn the Navy Cross for?"
    "I shielded a fellow soldier (DING! DING! DING! WAY WRONG ANSWER!) from bullet fire and a grenade. I lost about 60% percent of my blood."
    "Really, wow... true heroics. Where did it happen?"
    "Fallujah. Back in 2004"
    "Really? Sounds like the actions of Sgt. Maj. Bradley Kasal to me."
    (realizing that he has been busted) "Nope.... never heard of him."
    "Funny you say that. Because you got the Navy Cross, yet you don't have the ribbon for being in a combat engagement."
    (in a panicked tone) "Well, the unit was never issued them. It's on my DD15 (?????)
    "What unit?"
    "I was in Kasal's unit. We had out engagements a day apart. (funny, just a second ago you had never heard of him)"
    "Wow. Wasn't that the 101st Force Rangers Division?"
    (desperate to get away at this point) "Yeah. Well I gotta go."
    "Honestly man, if you're gonna pose as a Marine, at least get your story straight. You're lucky that a Poolee busted you and not a Gunny."
    "Whatever. I know I'm a Marine."
    "No you're aren't. Marines don't wear their covers indoors."
    And that was the A-Bomb. Just like that, he disappeared into the appliance section and darted out. What I would give to have actual Navy Cross recepients be given 2 minutes and tube sock full of half dollars and be put in a room with this guy. Sadly I couldn't get pictures of this puke. Sucks that the Stolen Valor Act is unconstitutional. Stuff like this makes me wanna hurl.

Quote Originally Posted by DudefromDiego View Post
    As you are probably aware, San Diego is a major hub for the U.S Armed Forces. We got the Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard calling it home. Which means that running into service members isn't a rare event. Now, I have met my share of Marines, old and young, and always make it a habit of thanking them, or just complimenting them. I figure any little gesture helps (oohrah/Semper Fi is strictly off limits). So anyways, I was trekking around Best Buy the other day, when I saw what (at the time) I thought was a Marine Staff Sergeant... until I looked closer. At first glance, nothing seemed wrong. Everything seemed legit. Dress Blues seemed normal.Expect the fact that his trousers had no blood stripe. From here on out I was dissecting this guy with my eyes without mercy. His ribbons seemed contradicting, as he had a Navy Cross ribbon, but no CAR (unless he got it for humanitarian reasons, it seems very unlikely), he also walked with his hands in his pockets. Annoyed, I confronted him and asked

"I shielded a fellow soldier (DING! DING! DING! WAY WRONG ANSWER!) from bullet fire and a grenade. I lost about 60% percent of my blood."
    "Fallujah. Back in 2004"
    "Funny you say that. Because you got the Navy Cross, yet you don't have the ribbon for being in a combat engagement."
    (in a panicked tone) "Well, the unit was never issued them. It's on my DD15 (?????)
    "What unit?"
    "I was in Kasal's unit. We had out engagements a day apart. (funny, just a second ago you had never heard of him)"
    "Honestly man, if you're gonna pose as a Marine, at least get your story straight. You're lucky that a Poolee busted you and not a Gunny."
    And that was the A-Bomb. Just like that, he disappeared into the appliance section and darted out. What I would give to have actual Navy Cross recepients be given 2 minutes and tube sock full of half dollars and be put in a room with this guy. Sadly I couldn't get pictures of this puke. Sucks that the Stolen Valor Act is unconstitutional. Stuff like this makes me wanna hurl.
    What the heck??? Why am I seeing all these posts about nasty civilians posing as Marines?? What is the motive? Do they not feel guilt about pretending to own a title that so many men and women have given their blood, sweat, and tears for? Marines, what's up with this! Is this a crime? If not, it should be!

If I have learned anything from this site, it's that I have not earned ANY privilege to associate myself with Marines until I have earned my EGA. All the Marines on this site, coupled with my recruiters and some amazing WWII vets I met, have only made me appreciate the opportunity more.

I suppose imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? Do we have people posing as soldiers, sailors, airmen, and coasties as well?

Last edited by Languagelover23; 02-12-11 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Added an afterthought

"Fallujah. Back in 2004"
    "What unit?"
    P.S.
    Fellow poolee, I'm impressed by your knowledge. Good job : )

Good stuff DudefromDiego. That poser had alot of balls to be showing off like that if his decorations were wrong in the first place. It's crazy you knew that about the Sgt. Mjr.

I ran into a fake at my job. Said he was Force Recon and I asked what was his intial MOS and he replied.....Force Recon.....I said oh.....ok.....

I think there a good bit of phony Marines at my job. I had one guy telling me that he took all his shots and stuff at MEPS before he went to Recruit Training. He said this exact ****, "Make sure you stand up right because when they use the insuline shot gun if you move it will rip your chest open." I'm like ok.......Left it like that.

There are phony Rangers out there along with Seals and USAF Spec Forces guys. Every branch has them but only in the elite war fighter areas.

Glad I'm being given to earn my title instead of lieing about it. What is a DD15? I thought it was the DD214 that would list that info?

Quote Originally Posted by Soon2HaveEGA843 View Post
    Good stuff DudefromDiego. That poser had alot of balls to be showing off like that if his decorations were wrong in the first place. It's crazy you knew that about the Sgt. Mjr.

I ran into a fake at my job. Said he was Force Recon and I asked what was his intial MOS and he replied.....Force Recon.....I said oh.....ok.....

I think there a good bit of phony Marines at my job. I had one guy telling me that he took all his shots and stuff at MEPS before he went to Recruit Training. He said this exact ****, "Make sure you stand up right because when they use the insuline shot gun if you move it will rip your chest open." I'm like ok.......Left it like that.

There are phony Rangers out there along with Seals and USAF Spec Forces guys. Every branch has them but only in the elite war fighter areas.

Glad I'm being given to earn my title instead of lieing about it. What is a DD15? I thought it was the DD214 that would list that info?
    Well, I read alot. So I have kind of developed an uncanny ability of factual accuracy. Nobody wants to brag about being a desk jockey. Everybody in their head wants to be a badass minister of death with a KA-BAR in their mouth standing on a pile of bodies and spent shell casings. Truth is, this isn't liekly to happen. I have caught my fair share of posers, but never as bad as this guy. I mean he had the look, but his facts were so off it was concerning. And I don't know what a DD15 is either. I think he meant a DD214, but then again this guy said he served in the 101st Force Rangers Division also, so he clearly has as many brain cells as a gallon of milk.

He probably meant a DD215, because he was supposedly trying to talk about some sort of correction for an award. The DD215 is given if corrections need to be made a servicemember's DD214 after they've separated.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    This whole thing smells. You and the one who brought ya.

I've never caught a fake. I can't wait until I do.

I read a story about a soldier (a member of the 82nd Airborne) caught a REALLY fat dude posing as a Special Forces operator at a gun show. He called the police and had him arrested

"Fallujah. Back in 2004"
    "What unit?"

Very impressive - I doubt he would have ended it with what he did if he was real.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    LMAO, thats hilarious. I woulda never caught that.

Yeah, it was an isolated incident. Always heard about guys like him, but never actually saw one. But when I saw one for myself in the wild, I felt compelled to say something. Normally, I would just brush it off like nothing, but if you go around posing a Navy Cross, and didn't earn it, you deserve to be called out.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Yeah, it was an isolated incident. Always heard about guys like him, but never actually saw one. But when I saw one for myself in the wild, I felt compelled to say something. Normally, I would just brush it off like nothing, but if you go around posing a Navy Cross, and didn't earn it, you deserve to be called out.
    Yes he really does deserve to be called out, that is very disrespectful.

Especially since one of my heroes, Sgt. Rafael Peralta (a San Diego native, local celebrity) had to give the ultimate sacrifice to earn his. Should have earned the Medal of Honor, but the politicians in Washington thought otherwise. Still, a noble act regardless. Peralta had to die to earn his, and this piece of chet is boasting it. Gunny Basilone would emerge from his grave knock this guy upside the head if he could.

Sick people these days. Nice job Shiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon2HaveEGA843 View Post

well you know you can get a contract for recon right? so it is possible that it was his initial MOS... correct me if im wrong...

Thread Information