Stopping myself from laughing at the drill instructor
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stopping myself from laughing at the drill instructor

so im a little terd when it comes to smiling and laughing even during pool functions my recruiter has to tell me to stop smiling because i cant help it... i was also watching full metal jacket and i was laughing my butt off... im afaraid im gonna live on the quarterdeck as much as i will probably be laughing

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Go ahead, laugh. I wanna hear about the outcome.

copy that, what part of your in a world of hurt do you not fully understand.??

DI's have a pretty good way of whiping smiles off of faces. You will not be smiling as your nose touches the ground up and down until your DI is tired.

Certain things you can't help but laugh at. Some of the stuff DI's say are so ridiculous the entire platoon may crack up once in awhile. You'll get smoked and move on, not really that big of a deal.

Read the rules for poolees and wannabes (pay attention to the one about correct punctuation and capitalization).

If you can't go by the rules Sgt Leprechaun will bust your a$$. He has been a terror lately. When he kicks you off his site see how funny that is!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    So,,, The kid never had an an english class,,,,,,, Or he ate the teacher.

We had a kid in my platoon, recruit Smith was his name, and he knew the sister of one of our Drill Instructors. I guess he was from the same area in NC as the DI. I remember very distinctly on training day number one when recruit Smith thought he was cute so he smirked at Drill Instructor Sgt. Wallace, (who's sister he knew). I remember seeing Drill Instructor Sgt. Wallace come out of nowhere and do a flying forearm shiver to Smith's chest, which sent Smith flying through the space between the metal racks. Smith never smiled at DI Sgt. Wallace again.

That was funny.

Do it, the worst you'll get is your as-s kicked.

And, if you can produce, if you can lead - you can get away with having a little personality at bootcamp. But you gotta pick your spots. And be prepared to get smacked around a little.

So we have another Gomer Pyle,lol, Semper Fidelis.

The DIs love people that laugh. It makes the rest of the platoon relax while the DI is seeing if he can PT you to the point where you puke or pass out. There is one other possibility...and that is the DI PTs the entire platoon to death...in which case... the other recruits will ensure you NEVER want to laugh again.

I think I would start working on my serious face NOW.

Good luck or RIP.... you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Poolee Hardy View Post
    so im a little terd when it comes to smiling and laughing even during pool functions my recruiter has to tell me to stop smiling because i cant help it... i was also watching full metal jacket and i was laughing my butt off... im afaraid im gonna live on the quarterdeck as much as i will probably be laughing
    Some problems have a way of curing themselves.

I remember receiving one night, watching two rather cocky recruits get off the bus and find the yellow footprints. One week later, they were crying almost constantly.

Not saying that's you, just saying that things like this have a way of working themselves out.

From experience, as I am one that laughs at times while under certain stresses, you will become stronger, it won't kill you.
    I did use to bite sometimes the inside of my mouth, worked as temp fix, however they knew and would just bark, "Is that right Martin, just go ahead let it out and self destruct!" ... btw, saying that does not help the situation, I always thought "seld destruct" was funny, haha

The Recruit Training SOP mentions many times that laying a hand on a Recruit is considered maltreatment. Been that way since McKeon stepped on his crank. There are times however when an adjustment here or there is necessary.

One of my DI's (1972) was a former member of the USMC boxing team. He liked using us recruits as a punching bag (just nothing to the face as that would be too obvious). He actually kept a pair of boxing gloves in the DI hut. It was always inside the squad bay with lookouts posted. As far as I could tell, nobody ever reported anything; I know I was too scared to say anything to anybody. His name was Sgt Wright and he was the shortest DI I saw during my time at MCRD San Diego.

Most short D.I.'s seem to have a problem with their height. If you happen to be 1/16 of an inch taller than they are, you instantly become the enemy. Some really believe that when they put that Campaign Cover on they turn into God.

When I attended the college of hard knocks, the D.I.'s wore the Frame cap and we called it a flying saucer. One of our junior D.I.'s, Pfc. Pallot could really make it fly. Hurt like hell when it hit your nose. Our Cpl. Montgomery liked to whisper in your ear while chewing on your earlobe. Only way you tell he was chewing is when you see the blood running down a privates neck. But the majority of all privates survive recruit training, so I would say that the Marine Corps must be doing something right. I will not say they are right on everything, but most things, they are right.

Thread Information