Couple pics from the visit home - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Those boy scouts got more than they bargained for good job devil dog. Hopefully you just made a young soul more apt to become a Leather Neck one day and serve with pride. Salt of the Earth brother. Mom you should be proud.

Thanks for sharing the pictures and the story great stuff
    My son ships to PI next month looking forward to watch his growth

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Those are great pics of your son. Simper Fi to your son. May GOD keep him safe

Simper Fi

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Great Photos !!!

Thank you for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    That is pretty ballsy for a Corporal to be correcting to a Gunny like that. I think you should at least give him twenty for the smack in the face. Who are you to challenge his wisdom -- especially when he puts a MCO to it. You got nerve.
    There was absolutely no correction in that post at all,I was just adding from personal experience.
    I am no longer a Corporal in the Corps and yes I am pretty ballsy,As such I can and will make any and all comments I feel necessary and appropriate on this Forum to anyone that posts.What I will not do however is intentionally disrespect anyone that has not already done the same to me.
    Thanks for your concern.

Quote Originally Posted by m14ed View Post

Is there a name they give that "Cattipillar Pushup" them young'uns are doing ??

Squad push-ups.

Excellent photos. If even one of those scouts choose to serve their country in any branch of the military I would say double congratulations are in order.
    I agree with the comment by "Forever Proud" "Shine with Pride" Mom and Dad you did a great job!!

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thank you for sharing your photos, jdubbya, they are outstanding. All the best to your son.

I had a request to delete this, as Dad didn't want the youngster to get into trouble, or have issues.

Having some experience with wearing of the MarPat at various and sundry events, I think this is one of those 'PR' things that the Marine Corps isn't going to have an issue with. As long as they were worn correctly (and I'm going with best guess since I'm at work and can't see the photos) I don't think it's going to be an issue.

FYI, for those who don't know, the boy scouts still wear the 'Montana Peak' cap, first made popular by the Brit Boy scouts (and most famously worn by Baden Powell) and which really took hold after the 'first war' when they became available thru the surplusing out of millions of 'em. Scouters who purchase them nowadays pay upwards of a hundred bucks a piece for them.

The Gunny was correct in quoting the MCO. Cpl was correct in stating 'real world' experience. No harm/no foul on either side.

Continue to march!

I appreciate all of the comments in the thread. It's probably worth mentioning that my son wore civilian clothes to and from the meeting in the car and then changed into and out of his uniform while at the meeting. He was very aware of the regulation. He's quite conscientious about Marine protocol, and doesn't want to jeopardize anything. Again, he wore his uniform at my request, which perhaps he shouldn't have, however it made a good (positive) impression on the boys and their parents. Hopefully no one was offended by anything. I'll be more cautious about any pics I would post down the line.

jdubbya, I am quite certain your son has nothing to worry about. You should have no regrets about posting the pictures. My first post was just making you aware of Marine Corps order if you were not already. It sounds like everything was done correctly. I am glad your son had the opportunity to visit the Boy Scouts. Hopefully he inspired a few to join our ranks.

Thread Information