What to Say to Men Who Have Negative Opinions on Females in the Military - Page 4
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    Girl, you are in for a rude awakening. Best learn now to keep your mouth shut when a man starts in on that $h!t. It's a losing battle. Let your actions show how great a Woman Marine you are..................IF you make it through boot camp.

I'm not good at that as of now LOL. The whole keeping my mouth shut thing and letting people walk all over me. That will certainly be a challenge for me ...

Women have no business in combat areas, nor in any area inhabited by grunts. I have yet to meet a woman in the Corps who is fit for this duty. Too many idiot mistakes jeopardizing not only themselves, but the men there trying to do their jobs. They get in the way, physically and mentally. They are a distraction and detract from the mission and its effectiveness and efficiency. I have more, but not the time, so I will be back later.

Quote Originally Posted by slug View Post
    Women have no business in combat areas, nor in any area inhabited by grunts. I have yet to meet a woman in the Corps who is fit for this duty. Too many idiot mistakes jeopardizing not only themselves, but the men there trying to do their jobs. They get in the way, physically and mentally. They are a distraction and detract from the mission and its effectiveness and efficiency. I have more, but not the time, so I will be back later.

That's a different issue entirely. I was talking about women being in the military, period. This guy said they were all useless s.l.u.t.s.

Quote Originally Posted by slug View Post
    This issue has been covered and even though I cannot speak for other WMs, I agree with this statement.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Languagelover23 View Post
    The whole keeping my mouth shut thing and letting people walk all over me.
    It has nothing to do with letting people walk all over you. Flapping your lips in the wind doesn't make you a bada$$. Your convictions make you a bada$$.

In my 4 years in (and this was 27 years ago), if I could have a quarter for every time I heard "why do they let women in MY Marine Corps?", I would STILL be a rich b!tch today!

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    It has nothing to do with letting people walk all over you. Flapping your lips in the wind doesn't make you a bada$$. Your convictions make you a bada$$.

In my 4 years in (and this was 27 years ago), if I could have a quarter for every time I heard "why do they let women in MY Marine Corps?", I would STILL be a rich b!tch today!
    I like that lol! I hear you all, I was really more concerned with this particular person. I realize I will encounter some of the same in the military, and I suppose I will just have to be the best 26xx I can be and let my work speak for itself. Thank you Marines, for all of your advice!

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I like that lol! I hear you all, I was really more concerned with this particular person. I realize I will encounter some of the same in the military, and I suppose I will just have to be the best 26xx I can be and let my work speak for itself. Thank you Marines, for all of your advice!

Don't you have an answer yet??? Get over it!! Stop stroking your ego. If you do earn the EGA then come back and hold it proudly in this individuals face. Just hope for your sake you don't bilge out

Good luck to you sincerely but I sense this thread has another purpose

Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    Don't you have an answer yet??? Get over it!! Stop stroking your ego. If you do earn the EGA then come back and hold it proudly in this individuals face. Just hope for your sake you don't bilge out

Good luck to you sincerely but I sense this thread has another purpose
    Fair enough. I'll discuss this once I earn my EGA. Thanks again!

That's a different issue entirely. I was talking about women being in the military, period. This guy said they were all useless s.l.u.t.s.
    Why do you think we call them Walking Mattresses? In many cases, the shoe fits, and we force them to wear it. Despite it, many men still hit it just because it's easy. I've said this opinion before, but I feel women should not be in the Marine Corps period, but that opinion is obviously too old to matter and is left as an opinion and a long lost wish. More realistically, they need to be further restricted on where they may go, and when women are needed elsewhere, they be very thoroughly screened and trained as they must be ready for the assignment.

My reasoning on why they shouldn't be here at all is that the Marine Corps was designed, and still holds the mission of, the fighting force of the Department of the Navy. That right there should define the entire Marine Corps as an "Infantry Capable" unit, just as a victor unit can be designed as a SOC, or Special Operations Capable. Doesn't mean they're all special operations operators, but they can fulfill and execute missions pushing the realm above that of standard infantry operations due to their training. And as the Marine Corps as a whole sitting with this capability, under definition, women should not be allowed.

Sure, you may call me sexist and the like, that's fine. I just appreciate and respect where gender roles lie, and where they should remain defined. I enjoy the way an all male unit runs. It's brutal, vulgar, efficient, and effective. When women come around, it is ... utter crap. I actually look forward to getting back to Horno or Mateo, it's where men act like men, not a man gagged and hancuffed as to not offend some woman who voluntarily joined this gun club in a man's world yet will still blow the whistle for sexual harassment or take advantage of her situation using her tits, ass, and ax wound for her self advancement. It's bull, it goes both ways, not just one side is at fault, but in the opinion of this Marine, one doesn't belong.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Fair enough. I'll discuss this once I earn my EGA. Thanks again!

Outstanding!! Good luck to you!!

Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    Outstanding!! Good luck to you!!
    BTW, I'm still answering this thread because these Marines are still giving advice, which I appreciate : )

Again, I will acknowledge that there are indeed women like that in the military, but it is not good to group them together in the same category. The same can't be said for males, either. They can't all be the same. All I can do is not be one of the women my "friend" described.

So far, from my experiences with my awesome recruiters and with interactions with Marines on this site, I can say with confidence that I will be associating myself with some truly great people. I posted this in a moment when I was very annoyed, and it turned out to provide me some good advice. Once again, thank you all for your service and your non-PC advice, I can dig that!

Done. Asked, answered, answered.

Good question but we are goin 'round the mulberry bush on this and I don't want it to degenerate into something else entirely.

Thread Information