What to Say to Men Who Have Negative Opinions on Females in the Military - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexJH View Post
    Slow down there motivators. Why don't you read some of my copypasta real quick, it's either from Marines themselves or from articles on wimminz:

"Tactical concerns:
    In On Killing: The Psychological Cost of Learning to Kill in War and Society, Lt. Col. Dave Grossman briefly mentions that female soldiers in the Israel Defense Forces have been officially prohibited from serving in close combat military operations since 1948 (in 2001, subsequent to publication, women began serving in IDF combat units on an experimental basis). The reason for removing female soldiers from the front lines is no reflection on the performance of female soldiers, but that of the male infantrymen after witnessing a woman wounded. The IDF saw a complete loss of control over soldiers who apparently experienced an uncontrollable, protective, instinctual aggression.

Grossman also notes that Islamic militants rarely, if ever, surrender to female soldiers. In modern warfare where intelligence is perhaps more important than enemy casualties, every factor reducing combatants' willingness to fight is considered. Similarly, Iraqi and Afghani civilians are often not intimidated by female soldiers. However, in such environments, having female soldiers serving within a combat unit does have the advantage of allowing for searches on female civilians, and in some cases the female areas of segregated mosques, while causing less offense amongst the occupied population. A notable example of this would be female US military personnel who are specially selected to participate in patrols and raids for this purpose."

Melody Kemp mentions that the Australian soldiers have voiced similar concern saying these soldiers "are reluctant to take women on reconnaissance or special operations, as they fear that in the case of combat or discovery, their priority will be to save the women and not to complete the mission. Thus while men might be able to be programmed to kill, it’s is not as easy to program men to neglect women.

On SERE:

"
    I can't speak for combat effeciency and all that since I'm a pog flyer. The only "experience" I have is training at SERE. We had women there and man it was brutal. First off, when we were evading, the female LT in my squad kept making me slow down because "we're not all gung ho marines" and we can't keep up with you. Later, during interrogation, when a male was being ****ed up they would bring a female in and beat her ass in front of us. I can't speak for anyone else, but when they did it to me... I flipped ****. And mind you, this is just training. I pushed the guy outta the way and they had to restrain me and "put me in the corner" which is basically a TTO. They reminded me that if I reacted physically to an instructor again I would be kicked out. So, I had to sit there and rage and convince the guy to hit me instead of her. All just basic instinct... I was just reacting to a female being attacked. Then when they finally layed off of her and went into me, well both of them instead of one, she fell into the corner and cried. This was all just a training exercise. Psychologically it's just completely different. They are raised different and are given special treatment whether they like/accept it or not and makes them unable to hack it 90% of the time with males."
    This seems kinda irrelevant to being a linguist

Quote Originally Posted by calebh180 View Post
    This seems kinda irrelevant to being a linguist
    You stole my post.

Alex this was about women serving, not serving in combat. You brought up the FEV teams first, so I responded to it, but we were orginally simply talking about women serving at all.

You are kind of a troll, you know that?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    Alex this was about women serving, not serving in combat. You brought up the FEV teams first, so I responded to it, but we were orginally simply talking about women serving at all.

You are kind of a troll, you know that?
    I agree. Alex, LL asked for opinions of what to say to people who looked down on women and their roles in the military, not opinions of people who agree with that view. Try to keep it to yourself for a while.

Lolz

Well *MRS.* Coogan, I would have to tell you that I encounter that sort of thing daily at my RSS. I'm a 20yr old guy, and have never expressed any THOUGHTS about machoism or degregation towards women. We had some kid (I say kid because all this guy does is blab and shout incoherent and ignorant things) say "haha look at the female DI- I don't think I could stop laughing if she was yelling at me!" in the presence of other female poolees who just kinda looked at him with a slight look of frustration. I took it upon myself to say, "you would probably **** your pants if she started screaming in your face, show some ****ing respect."

Now, I'm also a realist and understand that female Marines, in my opinion, shouldn't serve in an infantry MOS. I don't feel like women belong there, I feel they should be the ones supporting the Marine Corps in other ways. That doesn't mean they're not capable, because plenty are and to say otherwise would be to tarnish all the female service members who have given their lives. Bottom line is, any male who feels the need to trash the opposite gender serving in the SAME military as him- probably isn't a man of a whole lot of integrity, and to me seems like an arrogant prick.

Hope all gets better there poolee.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    IDGAF, I created a strawman and went with it..

it ****ed all of the male poolees off so it works for me.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Yea your good at ****in people off. Ill give you that

Also known as a troll. And when he makes E5 (if he makes E5) everyone will hate his guts. You won't have any friends in the Corps with that ****ing stupid attitude

IDGAF, I created a strawman and went with it..

wtf is a strawman?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    lol it's a logical fallacy, creating a demon for myself to kill/slay or whatever.

Kind of like the John Glenn moto speech if you've ever heard it, it's actually really good and one of the things that does give me a moto-boner. However in reality that speech only happened because of a logical fallacy made by John Glenn.

I have no problem with the wimminz poolees, my momma told me to respect 'em.

Also you better shut your cum receptical when saying combat doesn't relate to linguists. A 26XX russian linguist was killed in Afghanistan on the 6th, go haze yourself.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    The majority of linguist are sitting at a desk 99% of the time, so one russian linguist getting killed makes whatever comes out of your dumbass mouth relevant? Dont think so.

Quote Originally Posted by calebh180 View Post
    The majority of linguist are sitting at a desk 99% of the time, so one russian linguist getting killed makes whatever comes out of your dumbass mouth relevant? Dont think so.
    Not actually true, brother. Alex is right on this one. They are often in the field. But that doesn't mean they're out there kicking down doors. They're in towns and cities, but not in battle zones. So EVERYONE is wrong

But ****ing shut up, EVERYONE, because we're all future Marines. And some of us might be pricks, or thin skinned, or preachy, or annoying, but we're all brothers!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    And I never said combat doesnt have anything to do with linguist, it was irrelevant because she asked what to say to men who have negative comments on females in the military so how bout YOU shut YOUR cum recepticle

Lol calm down. Yes Nerd I would agree with you on the E5 comment. When you get a kid who acts like a complete ass no one in the Corps is going to pay him any attention- even though he thinks "that's how everyone acts!". You get my drift.

AlexJH- let's get one thing straight. Did I say people don't get KIA in rear-echelon MOS's? No. Did I say that just because you have a rear-echelon MOS you are scared of combat? No. I feel that every Marine who earns the title would be willing to lay their life down for the Marine next to him, that's not the issue. I just think women should not be allowed an INFANTRY MOS. I wouldn't feel comfortable with a women commanding a platoon of men, sorry. Not saying that can't or won't change, and if it does, I'm sure that very special women will be like any Chesty Puller.

*sigh* I miss my girlfriend...haha.

Seriously, I was mad when I posted this, but you all are cracking me up. "Cum receptacle" LMAO

Thread Information