What you can bring to boot camp
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What you can bring to boot camp

I have read in the manual the 11 things you can bring with you to boot camp but are there other things they will let you bring? IE toothbrush toothpaste sunscreen? Are these things that you have to pick up when you get there, or can pick up when you get there?

ETA:My main concern would be the sunscreen, been burnt quite a bit of times not lookin to come home from boot with possible skincancer

You will be issued sunscreen in your ditty bag.

Well, since you asked... I brought my own shampoo since I have dry hair, some coccoa butter since my skin gets dry, tooo, a nail file, some CLEAR fingernail polish, a few extra undies, my lucky wabbits foot, two packages of mentos, and my debit card for the little thing I forgot.

Only thing I wish I would have brought would have been my cell phone cause there was a lot of 'downtime.'

Gooood luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    already read that sir also read the pamphlet they give you at the recruiters station just wasnt sure if they gave you stuff like that there

Tell me you are not serious! Do you think you're going away to band camp? Maybe your recruiter booked you on a cruise?

If the manual says 11 things you bring 11 things...not 12 or any other number...geez. Here's a hint; beginning today, do what you are told and ONLY what you are told.

Don't worry about the skin cancer thingy; if the Commandant wants you to have skin cancer then they will issue you a big dose of it. By the way; in case you haven't heard, the sun can get quite intense over in Afghanistan.

I can see why your profile says you are your favorite Marine. Give me a break...thats funny right there though. Maybe you can be the platoon comedian?

I hope you like sand because I see you spending a lot of time in the pit (for not listening to your Drill Instructors).

Would wish you luck but you are going to need a lot more than that. Enjoy your cruise!!!

You need to take the 11 things stated in the manual. Leave the rest of your stuff home. If you need it badly, you can have the family ship it to your first real duty station. You will be told what else you need to buy or it will be issued to you.

Sunburn is part of the game. You will be fine.

Picture ID, social security card and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Tell me you are not serious! Do you think you're going away to band camp? Maybe your recruiter booked you on a cruise?

If the manual says 11 things you bring 11 things...not 12 or any other number...geez. Here's a hint; beginning today, do what you are told and ONLY what you are told.

Don't worry about the skin cancer thingy; if the Commandant wants you to have skin cancer then they will issue you a big dose of it. By the way; in case you haven't heard, the sun can get quite intense over in Afghanistan.

I can see why your profile says you are your favorite Marine. Give me a break...thats funny right there though. Maybe you can be the platoon comedian?

I hope you like sand because I see you spending a lot of time in the pit (for not listening to your Drill Instructors).

Would wish you luck but you are going to need a lot more than that. Enjoy your cruise!!!
    Understood, also to defend the me as my favorite marine it does say eventually me as of course I cannot call myself a marine as i have in no way earned it. I couldnt disrespect you guys like that.

ETA:Would you sir say that you are not your own favorite Marine?

Quote Originally Posted by MunkyVsRobot View Post
    Understood, also to defend the me as my favorite marine it does say eventually me as of course I cannot call myself a marine as i have in no way earned it. I couldnt disrespect you guys like that.

ETA:Would you sir say that you are not your own favorite Marine?
    BTW sunshine Marine is captialized, Semper Fidelis.

There is no way in hell I could call myself my favorite Marine. There is no way in hell that I could live up to some Marines as in Chesty Puller, Dan Daily. That's just naming a few, you have alot to learn. Don't worry though, your Drill Instrucors will engrave that into your brain housing group.

Quote Originally Posted by MunkyVsRobot View Post
    Would you sir say that you are not your own favorite Marine?
    I will never be my own "favorite Marine". I know too many of my own faults to be satisfied with being my own role model.

There are much better Marines, both past and present, that I'll be either trying to live up to, or compete against. You'll learn. The hard way.

On a serious not if you have issues with getting sunburned then bring you own SPF-70+ they will give you i believe 30. we had a kid in boot a ginger baby(light skinned redhead) we called powder he burnt like no other and had his family send him something crazy like spf-150. He was also made to put it on everytime before going outside because the burns were that bad. other than that ID SS card and the clothes on your back that is all i brought. now you may catch so **** for bringing sunscreen however tell him that it is needed for the recruit to be effective or something to that effect. theyll **** with you but you wont be burnt to a crisp either

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    Well, since you asked... I brought my own shampoo since I have dry hair, some coccoa butter since my skin gets dry, tooo, a nail file, some CLEAR fingernail polish, a few extra undies, my lucky wabbits foot, two packages of mentos, and my debit card for the little thing I forgot.

Only thing I wish I would have brought would have been my cell phone cause there was a lot of 'downtime.'

Gooood luck.
    Damn Wookie, what was the UV rating on the cocca butter? Oh I get it, you heated it up on your bunson burner and drank it. But you forgot your comb and brush.

Quote Originally Posted by WXSgt View Post
    On a serious not if you have issues with getting sunburned then bring you own SPF-70+ they will give you i believe 30. we had a kid in boot a ginger baby(light skinned redhead) we called powder he burnt like no other and had his family send him something crazy like spf-150. He was also made to put it on everytime before going outside because the burns were that bad. other than that ID SS card and the clothes on your back that is all i brought. now you may catch so **** for bringing sunscreen however tell him that it is needed for the recruit to be effective or something to that effect. theyll **** with you but you wont be burnt to a crisp either

Awesome thank you for the info Marine, I was mainly wondering as I only have 2 colours pale and cancer.

Thread Information