Looking for vietnam veterans 65-69 1st division hqbn comm co
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for vietnam veterans 65-69 1st division hqbn comm co

My father served in the communications company of the headquarters Battalion 1st division marines. He was in Da nang in 1968 and 1969.

Is there any men who seved with him here? He passed away in 2005 from a long term illness. I want to find pictures of him because I can't find any at home.

I want to know anything.

Thanks

Semper Fi

He ate in a mess hall on hill 327 as well if that rings any bells.

he was a CommCenMan

Need to fill out your profile johnk1985, also your Fathers name would help.

Quote Originally Posted by hbharrison View Post
    Need to fill out your profile johnk1985, also your Fathers name would help.
    lance cpl robert kijak

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I must assum the below story was posted by you right at another site i came across ?

Above is a picture of my father aka "the bag senior".

It was taken when he was in vietnam back in 1968. I know this is an off topic post but i'm allowed to do that because I can rep 180 kgs squat for 4 reps while studying particle physics- at the SAME time.

Moving on to the point, I was e mailed the above picture today by an american cousin of mine whom i haven't spoken to in 17 years. She found me through google some how and was telling me stories about my dad and her dad (my uncle) in vietnam. They both passed away when I was young so I didnt get a chance to asked 2 million questions about what happened in nam, so this story particularly was interesting to me. So interesting that I thought it deserved to be shared. Its about my dad somehow managing to get a posh restaurant to send him and his platoon christmas dinners.

My Father was a marine and my uncle was in the navy. My Father's name was Robert Kijak, hes polish american.

Heres the story copied from the newspaper that my cousin scanned in for me, you can see the original one here on this link:

http://img117.imageshack.us/...icletextum5.jpg

the heading of the article is: "LEATHERNECKS AT DA NANG TO ENJOY A CATERED DINNER"

by michael j hayes

http://velocity.t-nation.com/free_on...9410&pageNo=33

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	a65a2-robert_kijak.jpg‎
Views:	490
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	9010  

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Also all you need to do is write for your father's records at this site.

http://www.archives.gov/

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37 View Post
    Also all you need to do is write for your father's records at this site.

http://www.archives.gov/
    Yes that was him that I psoted on another site. I can apply for his record from that site alright, but will that bring me pictures of him?

I remember when I was young there was pictures of him at home but there gone, my mother reckons they were lost while moving homes.

So I'm looking for veterans who served with him, or a website dedicated to the veterans of hqbn comm co 1st div marines, and hopefully I can see some pictures.

Thanks for your reply

I served with comm co 1966/1967 on hill 327 also as a comm ctr man.

Have lots of pics

Do you know what your father's MOS was? Communications Operator?
    I served at the 1st Marine Division Comm Center, (just down the hill from the General's house), from Sept, 67 til Oct., 68. I was one of the teletype and crypto techs that worked for HQ Batt. We all ate at Hill 327 or at the small chow hall behind the HQ Battalion Comm Co. hooches.

Sempidr

wasempifi - Do you remeber Gunny Marsh?

Quote Originally Posted by wasemperfi View Post

Have lots of pics

Was in charge of one of the tech teams, working 12 on 12 off, 7 days a week.

sdr

Quote Originally Posted by wasemperfi View Post

Have lots of pics
    hello,
    Sorry for my late reply, do you have any photos you could share if I show you a picture of my dad perhaps you would know him?

Thank you very much for your reply

Quote Originally Posted by sempidr View Post
    Was in charge of one of the tech teams, working 12 on 12 off, 7 days a week.

sdr

can i ask you if the name sounds familier? would you look at his picture and see if you recognise him?

Do you know what your father's MOS was? Communications Operator?
    I served at the 1st Marine Division Comm Center, (just down the hill from the General's house), from Sept, 67 til Oct., 68. I was one of the teletype and crypto techs that worked for HQ Batt. We all ate at Hill 327 or at the small chow hall behind the HQ Battalion Comm Co. hooches.

Sempidr
    I'm sorry but I don't know anything other than what I posted and that he was a commcenman.

If I post a picture of him would you let me know if you recognise him??

Quote Originally Posted by johnk1985 View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't know anything other than what I posted and that he was a commcenman.

If I post a picture of him would you let me know if you recognise him??

Sure, put his pic up. There is about a half dozen Marines here who worked in
    that Comm Center during that time.

Sempidr

Sure, put his pic up. There is about a half dozen Marines here who worked in
    that Comm Center during that time.

Sempidr

Do you recognise him?

Thread Information