Go Packers!!! - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Go Packers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TunTvrnWarrior View Post
    The Packers didnt suck last night...... The Steelers did.

The Steelers mouthed off every day before the camera leading up to the game. The Packers stayed humble and unusually quiet leading up to the game. The better team won.
    NO. The better team lost. Even worse, this year neither team in the super bowl even deserved to be there, let alone the team who didn't screw up as bad as the other. Green Bay didn't even deserve to be allowed to play in the playoffs. Just like last year when the Vikings got taken out and should have been there, this year the Patriots had the fluke game to remove them. This super bowl was a sad game from start to end.

Quote Originally Posted by rktect3j View Post
    NO. The better team lost. Even worse, this year neither team in the super bowl even deserved to be there, let alone the team who didn't screw up as bad as the other. Green Bay didn't even deserve to be allowed to play in the playoffs. Just like last year when the Vikings got taken out and should have been there, this year the Patriots had the fluke game to remove them. This super bowl was a sad game from start to end.
    I have to respectfully disagree with you. I am not a Packers fan normally to be fair. Talent in and of itself does not make a team better. It is the combination of talent and character.

In the weeks leading up to this game, I saw Steelers players with multi-million dollar salaries whine about everything under the sun. They talked trash. They didnt deliver, which was predictible.

When the Colts won the Super Bowl under Tony Dungy, it was due to a combination of character and talent. Tom Landry consistantly developed and recruited football players for character and talent. Vince Lombardi demanded character and talent.

We have two bit thugs with no common sense who have talent in sports these days. Should two other teams have played in the Super Bowl that had better talent? Possibly.

We had a basketball coach at the college I used to go to. He looked for character before he looked at talent. Character is something he could work with and build upon because it produces unity. He consistantly took his team to national championships and won. He would turn away someone who had more talent than his players if they had no character.

Atlanta learned the hard way with Michael Vick. Vick had no character at the time. Vick now has paid his dues and realized how lazy he was at Atlanta and is starting to show he has some real talent, because he has taken time to develop his character which was obviously lacking.

Credits
    Savings

You sound like a Bears fan......

Quote Originally Posted by Troutzilla View Post
    You sound like a Bears fan......

More like a viqueen fan or mb a steelers fan?

Lets see....."Green Bay didn't even deserve to be allowed to play in the playoffs."

And Why Not because they beat the Bears twice? or maybe because the beat the Falcons(NO. 1 seed in the NFC) and the eagles?or are you ****ed because when they had to win they did?

The team had the talent and character to go from #6 seed all the way and win...the only other team EVER to do it was the Steeler's and we beat em fair and square!

I know you don't like it...it's just sour grapes cause the bears still suck !

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by TunTvrnWarrior View Post
    I get the same feeling when I look at this:

She's an anti-semite.

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by AAV Crewchief View Post
    She's an anti-semite.
    Precisely. I also think she is a little meshuggah.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooger View Post
    I know you don't like it...it's just sour grapes cause the bears still suck !
    I don't recall him ever mentioning anything about the Bears. Why bring them into it?

Quote Originally Posted by bballbrad22 View Post
    I don't recall him ever mentioning anything about the Bears. Why bring them into it?

See post #37 he sounds just like all the Bear fans I know

Besides man It's Just a Game! Why so serious?

Really People.... get a grip it's JUST A Freakin GAME!

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    in packerland, "the bears still suck" became a fan mantra since the bears won the superbowl in 85. it's just a wisconsin sort of thing

Quote Originally Posted by ivalis View Post
    in packerland, "the bears still suck" became a fan mantra since the bears won the superbowl in 85. it's just a wisconsin sort of thing
    Yes It is!!!!!

Outside of the fact the packers suck and we seem to now have a clone of brett farve, does anybody here actually believe the best two teams played in this years not so super bowl? Anybody? Anybody really believe these two teams didn't make it on several fluke games? It happens. Bears made it to the super bowl in 2006. Fluke games got em there. It was a fluke game that took out the patriots this year. The problem is that there is no best out of 3,5 or 7 games like baseball, hockey and basketball. For obvious reasons, but it allows us to watch not so spectacular teams play for the championship from time to time. And then people glorify it. Yes my team didn't make it this year and I'm not saying they deserved to be there, well maybe more then the packers but, still, we didn't just watch the best of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooger View Post
    Lets see.....[B]The team had the talent and character to go from #6 seed all the way and win...the only other team EVER to do it was the Steeler's and we beat em fair and square!

!
    Character had nothing to do with it. Look at packer fans. Poor character. It shows when you look at the star qb for the previous 18 years and the way the fans now treat him like a lepar. Brett Farve jr will be going through the same deal.

At any rate, do you remember the feeling you had the day you graduated Marine Corps boot camp and earned the title Marine? The packers don't have that feeling. The feeling they have is of graduating the Army National Guard. Best of the mediocre. And that ain't half bad when you don't know the difference.

Character won. Multi-millionaire, overpaid, butt shaking, whiney players with no character didnt. A "team" in every sense of the word, won. Kind of refreashing since we are coming up on an NFL Strike.

Thread Information