Screw asking if boot camp is hard...do new Marines even GO to boot camp???
Create Post
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Screw asking if boot camp is hard...do new Marines even GO to boot camp???

Two new PFCs. Both are 25lbs overweight. Zero pullups. One had hash marks on his alphas and the other doesn't know his drill instructor's names. I still know my DIs names. I know DIs from other companies. I will never forget them. I won't forget their faces. Ever. I promise you.

To any boot PFCs and LCpls reading this who haven't hit the fleet yet. Here's some advice for when you do.

I'm not your friend. See those ribbons? See my stripes? I've been places. I've done my time. I don't ever want to speak to you. Sure, you might be cool. But I'm not interested in making friends. If youre my friend you won't listen to me. And if you don't listen to me, one of my real friends might die.

In fact, if you fall on your face right in front of me, you better roll out of the way because I won't hesitate to step on you. Thats what I think of you. If you don't like it, the Chaplain gets in on Monday morning.

Don't bring 15 seabags and then look at me when I stand by the duty vehicle at the airport with some "Can you help me out?" eyes. **** you. Buy a bag with wheels, or leave some of your bull**** at home. I carried all my bags....all over the planet, with a rifle, wearing a flak jacket and a helmet. What would you do if I wasn't here? What if your bags weren't bags? What if they were LCpl Idiot with a shrapnel wound? Figure it out.

If you check in on the weekend, and we ask you if your alphas are good, you need to admit that **** right there. Don't let us come by your room Sunday afternoon and realize you're missing a tie, or chevrons, or you have a woman's barracks cover. (Unless you of course are a female, in which case you're in the wrong ****ing unit)

If you are a female and you see "V" anywhere in your unit code. You need to let someone know. You will not like it when you show up, and you'll cry. (I've seen it happen. We males look for any excuse to point you out as weak. You just gave us ammo.)

Parade rest. I don't care. Really. I don't even care if you call me by my rank. ****, you can call me by my first name if you figure it out. But remember, the Lieutenant needs a boot to be rear party for CAX in 29 palms...and you just volunteered.

I understand its Hawaii. I understand the Pro Bowl is going on "right over there". When we drive by the stadium don't look at me and ask stupid ****ing questions. Afghanistan is going on too. And you'll be there way before you ever see another pro bowl. +1 for 29 Palms.

I've never been so scared I forgot what city I was from, but apparently that happens to boots alot. I like that I scare you that much. In fact, its ****ing awesome. But all of you always say you're not scared. If I don't scare you, then why are you so ****ing stupid?

Don't show up out of the blue at 2100 on a Sunday and act like we've got a room for you. Right now you're Jesus and we're the innkeeper, but there's no ****ing shining star in the sky pointing down to where you are spending the night. Don't complain.

Don't tell me you can do 20 pullups, and 3 days later you do 4. I know you didn't lose 16 pullups in 10 days of leave, and you just attained a "liar" status. You will never lose that. Ever.

Thats all I got right now.

I take it that K-Bay no longer has a recieving barracks. It used to be accross from the wing chow hall. It usually entailed two days of classes familiarizing us with the base, the island and what is expected of us, before being assigned to our units. The duty would pick you up from the airport and take you to the base and he had to endure our stupid questions along the way.

Had a rough latest boot drop, eh?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Lol!!!

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    Aloha has been in for four years or so. So he knows. No one else is squared away.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Wait til he makes staff. hell, the generals'll be saluting him

Best rant I have read in a while!

According to the original poster, I would guess we are all boots. This guy has been around the horn a couple of times in his 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    According to the original poster, I would guess we are all boots. This guy has been around the horn a couple of times in his 4 years.
    Everyone except you, pops.

PJones64
    Guest Free Member
    Gee, I think Aloha may become Commandant soon. I mean, after a couple of more years in, not right now.

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaMarine View Post
    Everyone except you, pops.
    So I guess its OK for you to stop by Aloha Stadium and buy me a ticket to the 2012 Pro Bowl.

By the way, I am not you pops, at least I do not think I am. In my younger days I did get around a little bit.

God I miss the USMC....I don't guess I could incorporate any of that into my customer service skills as a 911 Operator. "911, we're here to save your azz, not kiss it.".

Quote Originally Posted by wildwoman73 View Post
    God I miss the USMC....I don't guess I could incorporate any of that into my customer service skills as a 911 Operator. "911, we're here to save your azz, not kiss it.".
    Skills in the Corps, now that's a good one.

settle down Chesty...life's too short for the lil ****

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    Aloha should be making gunny today. you know, ahead of the crowd, being the only one squared away Msgt in a couple of wks

Thread Information