Looking for personal experiences/info
Closed Thread
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Post Looking for personal experiences/info

I've been considering joining the Marines for a few months now and now as part of an English career project I've been assigned to interview/question a current or former Marine to get more information on the subject. I've been told I should just do a one on one type deal as opposed to posting all the questions and getting multiple answers. So if I could just get someone to PM or email that would be aces. thanks in advance.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    Sure thing.
    BUT, if I were you, I would pick one from these days and one from the "olden days", otherwise you will not get a full picture. What good would it do you to interview me when I was in 1963-1967, just after the Little Big Horn?
    And by the same token, questioning someone who has been on a year or two, that is not representative either.
    So I would think hard about interviewing at least two Marines, from the present and the past Corps.
    That's a great idea Dave. Give him a broader spectrum. He could use you as a counterpoint for what the Corps is like today. Compare and contrast always a good way to go

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    The questions I have don't really seem to be all that time dependent, but it would be great if I could find a more recent representation of the Marines. It would be much appreciated if I could get in touch with someone who's been in Iraq or Afgahnistan since that's where I'd be serving.

How about filling out your profile.
    You're posting in the wrong forum.
    Read the rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums.

While it's nice to plan for your furure, you're 16. Focus on school in getting good grades and graduating in a few years. That high school diploma is very important.......and stay out of trouble.

Posted in wrong forum, since moved. Fill out a profile. Until then, closed.

Thread Information