Tank Officer to FBI
Create Post

Tank Officer to FBI

Does anyone know if a Tank MOS would qualify to the FBI as a combat MOS if I wanted to be a part of FBI SWAT? All answers are appreciated, thank you.

If you have a question about who the FBI accepts or recruits, you should probably ask the FBI. I'm sure they have a recruitment office somewhere or at least a number for applicants.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamite1114 View Post
    Does anyone know if a Tank MOS would qualify to the FBI as a combat MOS if I wanted to be a part of FBI SWAT? All answers are appreciated, thank you.
    Yes.

I think you should worry about more immediate things....Recruit Training/OCS...whatever.

FBI SWAT? Oh, god. EVERYONE always wants to be 'SWAT' when it comes to law enforcement! It's what I call the 'recon/sniper' question on another forum I belong to!

1: SWAT isn't something you can just sign up to do. It takes YEARS of being an agent/police officer/deputy sheriff/whatever, and learning your primary JOB before you'd be allowed to even TRY OUT for an opening on a team. Many times, even if you pass all the physical requirements, your 'street reputation' will precede you and be the determining factor, and the team members themselves have a say in your selection. If you have a crappy 'rep' on the street, forget it.

2: You know what SWAT does most of the time? Arrive, set up a perimeter...and wait. While they are doing that, the Hostage Negotiation Team is talking with the bad guy and actually dealing with all the issues at hand....while the SWAT team is outside, cold/wet/hot/tired/hungry etc. How many incidents are handled by HNT with NO need to deploy the SWAT team? On the upwards end of the 90'th percentile. In other words, the SWAT guys deploy and sit on the perimeter. Very rarely do they get to 'engage'.

3: I speak as both a former SWAT team member and a current team leader for my Dept's Hostage Negotiation Team. Young guys get into SWAT and quickly discover that while you get to do some very cool stuff in training....in the 'real' world, you sit on the perimeter in your black piejamas and sweat. But, hey, you LOOK cool!

Thread Information