Infantry or Non-Infantry? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Baker1971 View Post
    slug is one of these guys like aloha, only they have ever served as grunts.
    Excuse me?

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slug View Post
    Look, the grunts are a unique community, separated from others mentally and physically. If you have to ask someone else to help you make a choice, it is obvious that you do not have what we want in a fellow grunt. The guys we have here that questioned what they wanted to do, fail. It shows, they do not have the heart or stomach for what we do and what we are. We are all some sort of fvcked up. We are here because this is the only place we wanted to be, the only job we wanted, and the only group of guys we truly feel a part of, we belong here. We lied to get here, fought to get here, we are those guys. We are not here to fulfill you pathetic wish for a challenge or set you up for a job elsewhere. The wave of contracting jobs for everyone who wants it has passed, a few years ago at that. So don't think about being some sort of merc after you do four. Now **** off and go talk to the army.
    Youre one bad-azz Marine aint you Slug? You must have been born with a K-bar in your hand. Get over yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Youre one bad-azz Marine aint you Slug? You must have been born with a K-bar in your hand. Get over yourself!
    That's correct there slug, all mos slots in the MC are important and as you mature you will learn to respect that. Back in the day when we all signed "Open" contracts I saw many a young Marine dragged kicking and screaming to the grunts, and they became fine Marines that anyone would be proud of.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the young man asking questions, most grunts are not born that way, the Marine Corps trains them that way. Stop giving Lance's a bad name.

You men need to let up on ole slug. He's young and dumb just like we were at that age. Full of pizz and vinager and motivated beyond superman capacity.

Obviously he is the blessed one for the grunts. He didn't mention it but I am sure he is the best damnn 0331 ever.

Just messin with you slug and there is absolutly nothing wrong with being motivated like you are but it's not your place to say who would be a good grunt and who wouldn't. Being a grunt wasn't what I initailly wanted to do but decided to just go with it. And I am glad I did just like most grunts. However, you can give your input on what it takes but you have no idea of what others actually have inside of them. Hope your ready for the "other" sexual preferrence types that will be joining the ranks sooner than later. Just by reading your post and the verbage you use, you will probably be one of the first sent packing. Lighten up some. You will be fine.

Semper Fi

When I went in I had to go unrestricted as the only 2 jobs I could get guaranteed were Grunt and Cook. I didn't want to be either, and my recruiter told me that with my ASVAB score they would not make me a grunt.

Well, he lied. I ended up as an 0331 and quite honestly it was the best thing that ever happened to me.

If you want to be a grunt, be a grunt. If you want to be an aircraft mechanic, be that. We are all Marines and we all have a role to serve.

Semper Fi

I went in open contract since that is all that was really available when I signed my name. Took my tests and later was informed that I was going to be aviation electronics. The only think I knew about electronics was how to turn on the damn TV. The Marines taught me my field and I am still in it today.

The grunts are not an island...they do not stand alone. It takes every person in the Marines to permit the grunts to do what they do. Like a well oiled machine...if the smallest part breaks down... the entire machine grinds to a halt and the job is not complete.

I am saying this to you... look at all your options and select something that interests you. If it is the grunts... then do that with all your energy and to the best of your ability. If it is something else or you are assigned something else... then do that the best it can be done... knowing you are keeping the grunts moving and able to do their job. Don't ever believe ANY job is not significant to the completion of OUR mission.

Slug.... Keep on keeping on...BUT don't ever tell another future Marine what they are or are not suited to be. We have people assigned to make that determination. Wonder who determined our CMC should be a Naval Aviator and not a grunt? LOL.... I don't think you should tell him that he didn't have the heart or stomach for the job.

Good luck to all.

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    Slug, what's the excuse me for? Did you do something wrong? Besides act like you're the only grunt who ever lived? You gotta get over yourself, as Mongoose said. Come on now, you can do it! Oh where is Commandant Aloha Marine when we need em?

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by HarperJim View Post
    Slug, what's the excuse me for? Did you do something wrong? Besides act like you're the only grunt who ever lived? You gotta get over yourself, as Mongoose said. Come on now, you can do it! Oh where is Commandant Aloha Marine when we need em?

Jim,good to see you posting again!!! But I'm staying out of this one!

Marine Friend Free Member BRATCH's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I just got my 6 year infantry contract. I know that there isnt much out there for me after the Marines, but who cares, Infantry is what I want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by BRATCH View Post
    I just got my 6 year infantry contract. I know that there isnt much out there for me after the Marines, but who cares, Infantry is what I want to do.
    Good for you young man. You'd be surprised how well you'll do after the Marine Corps because of this decision.

It's always the pogs who pipe up and preach how we're all equal and necessary. What do you know of the life of a grunt? Sure, maybe I came across as overly aggressive and passing judgment on the OP's capabilities, but you won't find me apologizing for it. I stated my take on this kid's question, and if you ask around to other victor units, you'll find the same response.

I never implied or said I was something great, nor any other the other pathetic super-motard pog-ish crap that has been said since my post. The only motivation that exists around here is false motivation. Another point of your complete lack of understanding of the 03 community. You talk of the grunts like a reservist does of the life of a Marine; you go to the KD range once a year, they spend a couple days a month in uniform. Congratulations.

And I said "excuse me?" to Baker because I believed he misspelled and wrote "ever" when it appeared he meant to say "never," which would be a problem on his part. Either way, he spoke without understanding, as usual.

I wrote a nearly identical self description of the 03 community in the "females in combat" thread and it was accepted not only warmly, but agreed as truth by numerous grunts. It's only you self righteous pogs who get offended when a grunt talks of some pride in their community. Sure, we like it when AAVs come up, when they don't break down. And tanks are fvcking awesome. It's a beautiful sound when arty or cas flies overhead. And we do love our trucks, but we use our own drivers and hate waiting for motor-t to get their heads out of their asses and fix or trip the trucks. Supply never works, and neither does comm, which leaves us to buy our own chit. Oh yeah, some great support network this Marine Corps has for the sole community that is the reason for its existence, not to mention we are what the entire world thinks of when they think of a Marine. They don't think of some clerk in clean cammies, nice try. You tell me to stop exalting myself, sounds like you need to take heed of your own advice.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by slug View Post
    Look, the grunts are a unique community, separated from others mentally and physically. If you have to ask someone else to help you make a choice, it is obvious that you do not have what we want in a fellow grunt. The guys we have here that questioned what they wanted to do, fail. It shows, they do not have the heart or stomach for what we do and what we are. We are all some sort of fvcked up. We are here because this is the only place we wanted to be, the only job we wanted, and the only group of guys we truly feel a part of, we belong here. We lied to get here, fought to get here, we are those guys. We are not here to fulfill you pathetic wish for a challenge or set you up for a job elsewhere. The wave of contracting jobs for everyone who wants it has passed, a few years ago at that. So don't think about being some sort of merc after you do four. Now **** off and go talk to the army.
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!
    I love it when people tell me stuff I "can't" do!!! it makes me want to do it so so so much more!!! thanks for the motivation!

You'd better check your attitude sporto. That's the second time I've detected 'sarcastic snidery' in replying to a Marine. Let this be your ONLY warning...I see it again, you'll find yourself on an unwanted vacation.

And Marines, lets keep the knife fighting on this to a minimum, shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by haebyungdae View Post
    Anyways.... No matter what field you choose in the Marine Corps you will gain experience that will help you after you get out. You might not be able to roll into a DoD or contractor job if you go certain routes, but, depending on how you decide to conduct yourself in your Marine Corps career, you will gain things like leadership, a hard working-mentality, sense of responsibility, etc. Possessing these simple traits, getting out of the Marines, finish schooling (if you choose), and entering the job market will set you above your civilian peers because you will seem more mature and reliable. Just remember the caveat: that it's ultimately up to you and how you spend your time in the Marine Corps.

If you join and make it as a Marine, you will find that the Marine Corps is larger than college money and job experience. I planned to get out and go to college. Even getting out now, without a college degree, with my experience I could make more then I do now, but there is more to it then that.

Think about it and follow your gut and choose something that you are interested in and feel would make your Marine Corps career satisfying. Or else, you may end up that guy who sits in the corner and whines about how gay the Marine Corps is all the time, usually without rhyme or reason.
    X2

Thread Information