DO You Remember Your First Meal In The Marines Corps Mess HAll - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GT6238 View Post
    Almost identical to mine, except they had us lined up outside toes to heels....not a good start...
    Assshole to belly button.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lastcigar View Post
    H*ll,
    that was 45 years ago. I can't even remember what I had for lunch today.
    I hear ya on that... LOL

A nice hot tray of motivation.

All I remember is that horrendous green jello with carrots. WTF is that about?

Fast Food!

Sgt. Hoffner,

Memory Loss, boy do I have one. Now I know why I always eat fast. Over the years many have told me I need to slow down when eating but it's to no avail. So Boot Camp is where it all began. Guess that DI was correct when he told that "boot" he'd probably eat fast the rest of his life. Now that you have mentioned "fast-eating" in Boot Camp, I do remember it.
    Thanks Sarge for bringing back a small piece of my lost memory.

Vietvet1968@comcast.net

The first thing I ate on PI was a Jimmy Dean meal pack, and it was actually while sitting on the deck in front of medical.

Also, about a day or two later we were standing online in the squad bay and had to eat a Jimmy Dean meal pack again and the thing was basically frozen solid. I remember eating the sandwich which had Rye bread and looking down and seeing blood on the sandwich because the frozen meat had cut my gums or something. To this day I HATE Rye bread.

It was 0 Dark f*cking 30 AM and we all lined up azzhole to elbow as the drill instructor said you will be eating duck for your first time and I thought wow duck for breakfast that's nice until we learn what the f*ck eating duck was. You duck in and then you duck out and you better have your food done when you exit the end of the line or your screwed cause you want get any more till chow time again. I was lucky I was always able to eat fast my mom and dad always said slow down your going too chock on that. but it paid off going through the chow line and having to eat duck. Eat with one hand and push with the other and grab a glass of milk to wash it down.

Credits
    Savings

First meal

SOS I'm almost positive, the thing I really remember was guys from other plts. asking me and others"hey priv, you want that toast you want that pie etc. Thought to myself first week ! what scumbags ! Three weeks later I was doing the same thing ! Starved all the time. LOL ! S/F Moz

Parris Island,September 30, 1965,hash browns,SOS ,eggs and coffee.I agree with Sparkie ,I think it was 9-14 days before anyone in our platoon had a BM !

Reached MCRDSD and the yellow footprints around 11 PM (couldn't tell military time yet) in the evening. Spent till 3 AM the next morning processing, then off to the receiving barracks for an hour and a half of staring at the ceiling wandering if I made the worse mistake of my life. Lights on at 0430. Someone in a Smokey Cover screaming, "Every swingin d*ck out of the rack!!! Fall out for morning chow!!!". Stumbling, and tripping along in a formation across the grinder, and through a maze of barracks to the chow hall. Standing at attention half asleep in a zombie state of mind for ten minutes waiting for the chow hall to open. Then it's fall out and in line for chow. "ALL RIGHT YOU MAGGOTS!!! AT ATTENTION, AZZHOLES TO BELLY BUTTONS!!" The Smokey Cover bellowed. Side-step through the line. Shove your super heated steel tray under the sneeze guard for whatever it was you wanted a portion of. Scrambled eggs? At least they were supposed to be eggs. diced potatoes with SOS on top, Limp cold toast with rock hard butter patties, cold grits, and something resembling goullash (sp), in looks but not taste, with potatoes in it, cold limp pancakes with a wedge looking paper container of syrup that always seemed to tear wrong when you opened it, Juice, and super hot black water/coffee or milk. Two minutes from door to table, then seemed like 30 seconds to eat. Tray to the scullery, then double time out to stand in formation at attention till the recieving DI finished his chow. Stumble/trip back to the recieving barracks to finish processing. Then the "I am your Drill Instructor" speech by your new series Drill Instructors. What a first, and terrifiying 24 hours. Naw, can't remember a thing about my first meal. LOL

I don't remember what I had for my first meal at PI, but I do remember it was about a week after I arrived there. Why so long - I couldn't eat or shiit for the first week - I was in total shock. I was in the first rack next to the DI's table.

Speaking of bad memories ... My first meal was not breakfast. It was noon chow, and for the life of me, I do not remember what was on the "menu".

We missed breakfast the first morning, because we were too busy being schooled on how to get onto the "company street" in a timely manner ... geesh, how could I forget that?!?

Duck soup...

Funny I should find this thread on my Marine Corps Birthday. I graduated Boot on Valentines Day morning 1975. SF

Quote Originally Posted by mcvet57103 View Post
    Funny I should find this thread on my Marine Corps Birthday. I graduated Boot on Valentines Day morning 1975. SF
    Happy Valentines/Graduation Day

Thread Information