Fayettville Mayor to show Fonda film...in honor of 'Vietnam Veterans'. No sheet. - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Let's put this thing in it's proper perspective...did Fonda and her little bullsh*t thing cost one American his life ? I don't really think so.

I respectfully disagree with you, sir. Not only did she have her picture taken in order to show her support of the Communists, she also made several radio broadcasts on Hanoi Radio, she established FTA (F... The Army) Coffee houses near military bases in the US, she encouraged American soldiers to murder their officers, she gave the Communists financial support, hell, she even named her kid with Hayden after a North Vietnamese terrorist.

The reports of her activities, as well as those made by Cronkite, extended the war by years. The Communists were beaten in Tet of '68, yet they knew that if they held on long enough for American citizens to get tired of the war, they could win. I hold her and Cronkite personally responsible for every death after Tet of '68.

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    Is that the criteria we use to determine if someone is a maggot traitor, whether anyone was killed?

See, now THIS is the way this one should be going. Open discussion of point/counterpoint.

We are either getting awfully mature or there is something in the water.

IIRC, it was a political decision taken by Nixon to NOT prosecute her, as he believed that is what she wanted, for more publicity. I do know from reading a biography of Henry Fonda, years ago, that he was mortified and basically disowned her at the time, although he kept publicly quiet.

In retrospect, I think Nixon made the wrong choice, she should have been prosecuted, even if they lost the case. It would have prevented a lot of the nonsense later on.

Bene-dick Arnold was trying to shorten the war during the revolution by giving the British our secrets. He was trying to save lives.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    I would go even further. I personally think that those that burned thier draft cards and burned the American Flag, should have been dealt with. As well as those that went north to avoid the draft. They broke the law for Gods sake. And we are supposed to say its o.k. to break the law, if its in the name of free speech. I doubt if there was more than a few, that actually gave a damn about the loss of American lives in V.N. They were concerned with changing the American way of life. At the expense of those that did serve in V.N.

Credits
    Savings
    So the people who were acting out of principal are traitors and those who knowingly allowed Americans to die and be injured by continuing corrupted programs like Ho Choi and Agent Orange in order to get promoted are OK ? Are they hero's because they served and wore the same uniforms that we did or should they have been prosecuted?

I do agree with you about those who went to Canada, they should never have been allowed back in.

"Let's put this thing in it's proper perspective...did Fonda and her little bullsh*t thing cost one American his life ? I don't really think so.

OK, did the Ho Choi program cost a lot of Americans their lives? Somewhere along the line 35 or so years ago I nremember reading in the pentagon papers ( and I really read a lot of the documents) that they (we) knew that 60% or more of the NVA that we took in the program were really agents and were leading our guys into ambushes every day but they didn't stop it because it might embarress us. If you sit down and have a good read of what really happened in Nam you might come to the conclusion that Hanoi Jane saved more American lives than the pentagon did by simply energizing the anti war forces and stopping the usless killing.

Think about it, but do so in the abstract. I'm sure as hell not a pacifist, I'm more a beliver in the concept that war is killing them until they are sick of dying or until they are all dead but dying for nothing or for some general's next star isn't in my agenda"

Personally I find this kind of post to be very distasteful . It is really beyond my belief that any Marine would hve this attitude towards the most hateful person on earth since Japan's wonderful lady Tok Rose.

I am happy you have the right to your opinion, but ...........

Hey Mongoose, the next time I get in a fight, I'M A CALLING YOU !!!

Somebody ought to give that mayor a Raspberry, Jane Fonda is not forgiven by me either. F***K Jane Fonda!. I'm not fonda Jane Fonda. Semper Fi, Oldmarine2011

Quote Originally Posted by HST View Post
    So the people who were acting out of principal are traitors and those who knowingly allowed Americans to die and be injured by continuing corrupted programs like Ho Choi and Agent Orange in order to get promoted are OK ? Are they hero's because they served and wore the same uniforms that we did or should they have been prosecuted?

I do agree with you about those who went to Canada, they should never have been allowed back in.
    This country is a country of law, we were founded on law. The draft dodgers broke the law and should have been punished.

I see that you defend the draft dodgers, but make a distinction on those that went to canada. If I kill someone with one shot, that would be OK, but if I use a full magazine that should be punished.

The law is the law, whether you agreed with it or not. These people were cowards then, and more importantly they are now the ones in positions of influence today destroying our great country.

Most of us came out of the Nam defending our country till this day. Some came out bashing our country like you. You may be in the majority or let me suggest a position of power within the political sense of today, but you will always be in the minority with most Nam Marines.

Credits
    Savings
    "Defend the draft dodgers" "bashing our country" ? Reading and comprehension ?

Have a nice day.

Credits
    Savings
    Does this qualify as taking an American life. Decide for yortself but I think she deserves to hang from a rope at the Pentagon for this.

Unfortunately many have forgotten and still countless others have never known how Ms. Fonda betrayed not only the idea of our "country" but the men who served and sacrificed during Vietnam. There are few things I have strong visceral reactions to, but Jane Fonda's participation in what I believe to be blatant treason, is one of them.

Part of my conviction comes from exposure to a pilot whose name is Jerry Driscoll, a River Rat. In 1978, the Commandant of the USAF Survival School was a former POW in Ho Lo Prison-the "Hanoi Hilton". Dragged from a stinking
    cesspit of a cell, cleaned, fed, and dressed in fresh PJs, he was ordered to
    describe for a visiting American "Peace Activist" the "lenient and humane
    treatment" he'd received. He spat at Ms.Fonda, was clubbed and dragged away.

During the subsequent beating, he fell forward upon the camp Commandant's
    feet, accidentally pulling the man's shoe off-which sent that officer berserk. In '78, the AF Col.still suffered from double vision (which permanently ended his flying days) from the Vietnamese Col.'s frenzied application of wooden baton.

From 1983-85, Col. Larry Carrigan was the 47FW/DO (F-4Es). He spent 6 years in the "Hilton" - the first three of which he was "missing in action". His wife lived on faith that he was still alive. His group, too, got the cleaned/fed/clothed routine in preparation for a "peace delegation" visit. They, however, had time and devised a plan to get word to the world that they still survived. Each man secreted a tiny piece of paper, with his SSN on it, in the palm of his hand. When paraded before Ms.Fonda and a cameraman, she walked the line, shaking each man's hand and asking little encouraging snippets like: "Aren't you sorry you bombed babies?" & "Are you grateful for the humane treatment from your benevolent captors?" Believing this HAD to be an act, they each palmed her their sliver of paper.

She took them all without missing a beat. At the end of the line and once the camera stopped rolling, to the shocked disbelief of the POWs, she turned to the officer in charge ... and handed him the little pile. Three men died from the subsequent beatings. Col. Carrigan was almost number four.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    The question of did Jane Fonda harm the military in any way? Is best answered, by those of us that served in that era. As a noted personality, her input on the war was given nation wide coverage. Her public statements, that we were somehow committing genocide on innocent women and children. Created a stigma, that followed the V.N. veteren for many years. In my humble opinion, she should have been , at the very least, exiled to N.V.N. Im wondering, if today she was filmed in the afgan mountains. Talking with Osama Bin Laden,wearing a turbin, and firing a AK47. Would our government say ho-hum, free speech?

Quote Originally Posted by HST View Post

"Defend the draft dodgers" "bashing our country" ? Reading and comprehension ? I agree; you are not that witty and your reading comprehension is horrid; Fix Yourself. By the way, they were not acting out of principal, they were scared ****less. I was there with many of them in college back in 66. Guys were going to school that hated it, marrying girls they didn't even know, knocking up girls with no intent to being decent fathers, protesting on the high hope the war would end.

hst, you are simply ignorant or you are just ignoring the facts. I lived the times, I saw no moral principal, I saw wholesale cowardice on a greater scale that even the arvin's.

By the way, I didn't remember "Ho Choi" and the only reference I could find said it was a Chinese restaurant. Are you sure you didn't mean the chu hoi program? At least that's the program I remember when I was there.

Credits
    Savings
    chu hoi whatever, the Kit carson program but it's really irrelavant to this
    e conversation because you were every where and did everything. You were a college student in 66 and you were a bad ass Marine commie killer, You are a true patroit and anyone who doesn't agree with you is ignorant...bottom line is they name streets after guys like you...One Way

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    Sad and disgusting all at the same time. Can't say I'm surprised. This isn't even political....just completely frakkin ignorant.

Widest possible dissemination on this one folks...

Courtesy Blackfive.
    http://www.blackfive.net/main/

Is That Your Middle Finger???

Posted By Deebow • [January 27, 2011]

Update and bump from B5: Over at Another Voice is an update on this travesty...
    I really have to stop cruising the internet while eating pastries. I finally got the donut cleaned off of my computer (sticking with the cop theme) and get to dish on the unbelievable stupidity I found that Andrew Breitbart had over at Big Peace.

Let me just bounce this off ya'
    Fayetteville, North Carolina, home of Fort Bragg, is planning a 10-day celebration and homecoming this November to honor Vietnam Vets. Its a honor well deserved. These soldiers, marines, and other vets served our nation honorably. It’s not their fault that we had lousy leadership in Washington that lost the war.
    But Fayetteville Mayor Tony Chavonne decided to “honor” the Vets by reaching out to Quaker House, an anti-Vietnam war protesting outfit. And Quaker House said they are glad to participate and intend to show two anti-war films that include Jane Fonda. As in “Hanoi Jane.” This is how they plan to “honor Vietnam vets.”
    OK, anyone else spitting coffee or breafast pastries on their monitor screen? Yeah, thought so. If you hurry and use some 70/30 mix of glass cleaner and Simple Green, you can get it off before it sticks.

I actually had a hard time believing this story, but I have also never underestimated the abysmal depth of human stupidity. Did this mental midget forget where his John Brown hindparts were located on the planet? Did he wake up and think he was Mayor Bloomberg? Does he need me to show him how to practice intersection and resection on a 1:50,000 scale map to attempt to re-orient himself and find his actual location on the planet, geographically speaking?

Perhaps as an all encompassing event to honor veterans, we can scare up some pirate Arab DVD's that show how Osama Bin Laden is a hero and how there are two sides to 9/11 (or could we just borrow it from Michael Moore?)

Maybe I just expect too much.... Nice way to wave that middle finger at veterans of that war Mr. Mayor.... I hope Senator McCain gives you a buzz and lets you know how he feels about that.

As usual, outrage expressed here is always welcome, but feel free to cut and paste your response to His Mayorship right here.
    I contacted the Mayor and he said point blank that the Quaker house wasn't going to be there and ruining the honors of the vietnam veterans celebration. He said there would be no disrespecting an vet of any kind around as long as he was Mayor.
    So hopefully he keeps his words it's amazing how they will change there mind when a bunch of Men write and get on there azzes Hahahahahaha.
    Semper Fi Folks.

Thread Information