How to Cope with S.O. at Bootcamp?
Create Post

How to Cope with S.O. at Bootcamp?

My boyfriend was supposed to have left for bootcamp yesterday, but for whatever reason he was put on standby. While I'm ecstatic to have the time with him, that short twelve hours away from him also made me wonder if I'm really motivated enough to encourage him through this journey. I love him dearly, he's a great Dad, an awesome boyfriend and my best friend.

I want more than to be there for him and to be excited for him...it's just daunting to think that this is only the beginning. Also, from reading through these forums I feel as though my emotions are somewhat insignificant since we aren't engaged or married (and especially since he hasn't been on a combat tour yet...though he is infantry) It's been his dream since we met seven years ago and I'd hate for him to look back on his life with regret. However, he also recently told me that if he could, he'd like to go to Okinawa. In my eyes, it's hard to not feel as though he's leaving us for good.

Anyone with a spouse in the Marines...or a Marine with a spouse/girlfriend/fiance, how do you handle the pressures? I really want to be supportive of him, I'm just (selfishly) having a hard time mustering the excitement.

How did you become educated about your husband's career and avoid becoming "left behind" in the process?

Dad? Do you have a child together?

Sigh.

Any prospects, after all the training and schools, for marriage?

yea i would look into marriage...7 years ago? a child? what in the world is holding you from getting married??? had you done that there would of been no "left behind" unfortuantely there will be a lot of seperation...even moreso not being married. How do you cope? STAY BUSY! dont fall into temptations! and BE prepared to see a NEW man once outta boot camp there's LOTS of SOs online, this forum is mostly Marines, i would try to find one just for SOs

Thanks for your help!

I'm still in school and he is semi-stressed about entering into the Marines. I am the one with the baby (14 mo.) that he and I have been raising together - we have been on/off again but are now in a very stable and steady place. He thinks that there will be some pressure in getting married while in the Marines but it's not a definitive "no" by any means (it's hard to write this while making myself not sound defensive or something of that nature, he doesn't have commitment issues or anything ha)

Thread Information