Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Credits
    Savings
    Lets see...It's the top of the 5th 2 on and 1 out
    Boston 4
    Spankees 0

HEE HEE HEE

This ain't right....

NO way, we in California will start a recall of the Yankees from the World series....

Credits
    Savings
    THANKS COOK...
    I don't want to hear a word from anyone.
    I will be in mourning for the next week!

Too late-here, bookmark this for next year.
    http://www.chclibrary.org/micromed/00050520.html

Originally posted by CAS3
    THANKS COOK...
    I don't want to hear a word from anyone.
    I will be in mourning for the next week!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    I lay the blame of the Red Sox loss on the feet of Manager Grady Little! Going to the mound and asking a pitcher if he feels okay after 100+ pitches should not be an option.

Pedro Martinez gave a heroic 7 inning effort, leading the team to a 5-2 lead.

Its the 7th game for Pete's Sake! Giving the benefit of the doubt, Martinez should have been pulled after the 2nd consecutive 8th inning hit, much less 4th hit and 2 go-ahead runs scored.

Imagine asking your point man, "Gee Lance Corporal, enemy contact is imminent, you've been on point for 18 hours. Do you want to go just another 3 hours more?" Of course the young hard charger will say "Yes!"

Pull the young SOB for the senior veteran!

Registered User Free Member Barrio_rat's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    "I lay the blame of the Red Sox loss on the feet of Manager Grady Little! Going to the mound and asking a pitcher if he feels okay after 100+ pitches should not be an option."

This, to me, is nothing more than poor leadership and that means that the better team won.

I'm hoping for the Yanks to take it in 4 (stupid that they gotta play more than one game) because the sooner it's over the sooner we can focus on what is important. Such as...

The NFC East #1 Dallas Cowboys
    and
    The NFC West #1 (can you believe it!?!) Seattle Seahawks

Now that's something worth getting up for!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    "This, to me, is nothing more than poor leadership and that means that the better team won." - I am taking that as the ground pounders of the Red Sox have nothing to be ashamed of.

If it was meant otherwise than, Screw U! yuk-yuk!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Crikey Mate! Where is CAS3 when I need my six covered?

Anyone? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Credits
    Savings
    Sure, hadn’t thought of it that way but I suppose it works - if it helps you get over your loss... hehehehe... Actually, I was coming from the TEAM aspect - not one person won nor lost the game for them, it was a team effort. And, to your point of not being ashamed, I’d say as long as they put forth maximum effort - you’re right and they have nothing to be ashamed of. Hell, it’s best Sox team in many years - if nothing else, that is something to be proud of.

In case it didn’t show with some of my earlier postings, I don’t care for baseball. For you fanatics, It’s a choice I must live with - for those of you who understand - it is a filler during the NFL off season. Even with all the hell I give baseball and its players, I will concede that there is a great deal of skill needed to hit a 90+ mph ball with a stick - as well, to catch one of these balls (especially when it’s been hit well).

However, if you compare offense to offense - in baseball, if the batter hits the ball 30% of the time, he is good. If he is in the 40% range he is near greatness - last one to hit 41% was a Marine, go figure. If a tackle blocks only 30% of the time, he’s benched - usually these people are required to be effective in the upper 90% range. What if the center was only efficient 30% of the time? I don’t think so - this is a position that requires near 100% results. Receivers - figure about 60-80% of catchable balls. Quarterbacks are rarely under 50% in pass effectiveness - a number which is skewed by throw-aways, tipped balls, etc. So, more is expected of football players than of baseball players, yet they are paid far less by comparison. Okay, you can argue that football players don’t have nearly as long of season - to which I’d argue, baseball needs to lose about half of its season and bring in a real play off system - and they should be required to hit 55% of the time. That would make it interesting - oh, and for every 1 point under a 55% batting average they should lose $10,000 each time they are at bat. And that would give them incentive!

Well said, Barrio_rat! I agree with what you have said, totally!!

Apples to oranges Barrio_rat. I'll maybe buy into that comparison when an NFL reciever has to routinely catch 90 mph footballs. You get 4 downs in football in order to continue on the offense. 3 men out-you're on defense in baseball. I like them both, but they are 2 completely different games with different skills required for each.

Red Sox and the Big Dig

The Sox have about as much a chance making it to the World Series as the Big Dig has at getting finished.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    CAS has been a Red Sox fan since birth!!!!

TALK ABOUT BIRTH DEFECTS!!!!

Credits
    Savings

Re: Red Sox and the Big Dig

Originally posted by Mudwalker
    The Sox have about as much a chance making it to the World Series as the Big Dig has at getting finished.
    Makes sense - factor in the salaries and over time... they both cost about the same....

Thread Information