What is your daily PT scheduel?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

What is your daily PT scheduel?

What do you do from a day to day basis to get ready for Boot?

Everyday I do a specific pull up program. One day I will do pyramid pull ups. If your max is 5, you start by doing 1 pull up. Then you take a thirty second break and then 2, then 3, etc. After you do 5 you then do 4, 3, and etc. After you do this start it all over again and go up to 4, next set 3, etc. This is my favorite workout surely to make you sore if your doing pull ups the Marine Corps way (dead hang).

Next day I do the Drill Instructor program I got from this website. A quick search and you'll get the program from the DI himself. Also, this workout involves crunches, a lot of them.

Also, I run 3 miles every other day. Honestly, I've been slacking off lately. Its too damn cold over here!

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I got to my local gym and do a ab class that gets me sore almost every time.

I've gone from 0-7 pull ups in about two months. My run went from 14:34 - 11:56 (1.5 mile) in about 1 month (not updated) and crunches went up as well.

This is just what I do from day to day. I plan on changing things up at the end of this month to confuse the muscles. What do my fellow Poolee's do day to day?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    That sounds like a pretty good program, I might have to steal that from you :P

What I do is try to get up around 5 in the morning (I say try, it hasn't really gotten to be an every day occurrence yet) and just run through an IST using a door pullup bar for both crunches and pullups, and then running the 1.5 miles.

Then after school I'll go to the weight room and just do an average workout and get mad big lol.

you should do more

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Ive never tried the pyramid pullups thing.. I think Ill give it a try

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I've tried to wake up at 4 am and do my 3 miles. That only lasted a week and a half... I do other workouts as well, but I just put what I do for the IST. I stopped working with weights and am strictly to calisthenics because that's what we will be doing in boot. I do mountain climbers, squat on a balancing bars, and a lot of other stuff just not on as much of a consistent pace as a program would.

If anybody has any other good programs, please post them.

The Armstrong pull up program is awesome it has gotten me to 24 straight pull ups!!! plus i do the 3mile run, and 4 sets of crunches throughout the process!! im trying to up my reps on everything!!

Not going to go to in depth but a typical day is as follows: Wake up at 5:30 and either lift or PT for 1 hour. Then I will run 5 miles followed by 400m repeats at 1:30 pace x 5. Then followed by a swim hypoxic for 1 hour. And in the evening I will go to Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for 2 hours.

And for those of you who just run a single IST for a workout, you need to be doing more, a lot more. Run 3 or 4 IST's if you cant find a program of your'e own. Or research one their all over the place. Stew Smith is my personal favorite.

i run and do pull ups everyday. thats it.
    im a fast gainer.

Yeah follow stew smiths pull up pyramid you go up 10 ten then rest with pushups and crunches, but just dont do pull ups and crunches, you need to workout your whole body, with lots of running, pick up stew smiths USMC Recon fitness book, even if your not intrested in trying out for recon, it doesnt hurt to be in shape for it, its really intense and will really get you good for boot.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Reading those makes me want to go for a run right now. Starting tomorrow I am going to run my 3 miles everyday no matter what. Even on my rest day. Anybody know of a crunch program?

I wouldnt run everyday, six days tops. Do a 4-5 mile sack run or an 8-10 mile regular run once a week ,and then three miles for the other 5 days, its what
    I do and I improved a lot

i only do 1 three mile a week. but i time myself.
    other then that i do sprints. 1.5mile sprints.
    and pull ups every time i go in and out my door.
    worked great for me.
    no fancy work-out system needed

I do a max set of push-ups, crunches, flutter kicks, squats, and pull-ups when my pull-up bar cooperates.... Then 100 jumping jacks; rest for 2 minutes, and do it again.

Damn it man! I wish I had the time y'all youngin's have!

Due to my work schedule I work out after work for an hour. Monday, wednesday, and friday are my cardio days which consists of the treadmill, eliptical, and bike. Usually my legs are burnt out and this includes the stuff I do at work and usually I'm on my feet at all times walking and lifting objects. Tuesdays and thursdays are usually my light cardio/lift days. Due to my current musclar shape it was recommended that I stay off the weights but I gotta hit them so I do high rep/low weight and its usually 3 sets of 20 on different weight machines. Cardio is the treadmill and either the bike or eliptical.

I may not work out as hard as y'all but just from doing this I improved alot especially when I do my cardio days because when it comes to resistance I max it out. The eliptical is set with the highest resistance and incline level for 4 min then drops to half of that for 4 min for 35 minutes. My legs have sculpted from this. The bike is started at level 10 resistence for 10 min then moved up to 11 and then 12 which last for 30 min but I keep my RPMs up over 80-85 and usually try to stay at 90. Again, my legs have seriously been toned from this. The run is just for time, I'm a sprinter so the distance running on the treadmill sucks for me. 1 week I'll do a mile, then a mile and a half, then 2 miles and so on up to 3 and then build back down.

I've dropped fat weight tremendously in a little bit of time and kept my muscle while toning at the same time.

I'm so strong in my upper body that when I do my pull ups at my RS 3-4 people have to stand on the pull up frame to stablize it while I do what I do.

The recruiters are like damn....but they know I fall off in the run due to me busting out in the half a mile and slowly burning out. I'll have a nice ass stretch but then I'll be dead last. I really just need to learn how to pace myself but anyways keep it up fella's/ladies!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Everybody does their own things. Nothing is bad, unless your not pushing yourself.

In boot they will build us up to far exceed any physical test. I like to think that if 1 fat body made it through with heart or 1 unmotivated athlete can make it, then I sure as hell can.

Thread Information